Remember the days you and your friends would pull your jeans up like your mothers and laugh in the mirror at how silly you all looked? The younger you would be appalled because the mom butt is back. High wasted denim shorts is this summers essential item and with temperatures still soaring the look is perfect for these first weeks of school. A versatile addition to your wardrobe, you can wear them with a cute blouse tucked in or add a thin belt to accentuate your waistline. The best part about this adorable wardrobe necessity is that it’s cheap, simple and fun to create. Why spend a fortune on a pair of store bought denim shorts when you can easily crawl to the back of the closet and pull out an authentic old pair of jeans that work perfect for the job. Here are 5 easy steps for transforming an old pair of jeans into a flattering pair of shorts that’ll quickly become your favorite new piece.
1. Put them on inside-out, button them up, and mark the length you want with a washable marker on the back and in the front.
2. Once you have the marks take them off and then cut them, making sure they meet at the same length at the inner thigh.
3. If you want to add even more flare you can bleach them or stud them!
4. Then, take the scissor blade to the shorts to create the distressed look.
5. Wash them to allow the rips to widen a bit.
6. And lastly, enjoy your new and improved mom butt ;)