This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

As soon as the leaves start to fall, I love to light candles. They are perfect for a cozy evening, especially in the fall. However, I’ve noticed a lot of seasonal scents are tailored to winter and completely brush over Thanksgiving. This article is an appreciation of scents perfect for Thanksgiving because they deserve love too. Also, Bath and Body Works currently has a sale for $10 off every candle! (as of Nov. 18) They also put on tons more for Black Friday and these are perfect gifts for the holiday season. They smell great, add an extra something to everything, and are so relaxing. You can’t ask for more. 

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin

Bath and Body Works describes this scent as “Warm Cinnamon, Fresh Ground Clove, Vanilla Cream, Brown Sugar with Essential Oils.” It is literally pumpkin pie in a jar. Get it here

Spiced Apple Toddy

According to Bath and Body Works, this scent is described as “Warm Apple Brandy, Spiced Plum, Tart Cranberry, Cinnamon Stick with Essential Oils.” All of those things remind me of Thanksgiving classics. Shop for it here

Frosted Forest

Bath and Body Works says this scent is “Frosted Juniper, Icy Eucalyptus, Evergreen Branches, White Spruce with Essential Oils.” It is super fresh yet cozy. Find it here.

Caramel Drizzle

Bath and Body Works claims this to smell like “Sugar Cane Crystals, Melted Butter, Whisked Sweet Cream with Essential Oils.” Dessert is Thanksgiving must and this candle is a personal one. Get it here

Fireside

Bath and Body Works says this candle smells like “Smoked Cedar, Fresh Clove Bud, Warm Embers with Essential Oils.” It is the definition of cozy and perfect after a busy Thanksgiving dinner. You can shop for it here

Snowy Peach Berry

Bath and Body Works describes this candle as “Sweet Peaches, Tart Cranberry, Sugared Musk with Essential Oils.” If you like cranberry sauce, this is the one for you. You can find it here.

Cinnamon Caramel Swirl 

Bath and Body Works describes this scent as “Gooey Caramel, Grated Cinnamon, Vanilla Bean, Maple Brown Sugar with Essential Oils.” It’ll smell just as good as your meal. Shop for it here.

Fresh Balsam

Bath and Body Works says this scent candle like “Woodland Balsam, Crisp Eucalyptus, Fir Branches, Cedarwood with Essential Oils. It is the perfect scent to light during dinner. Find it here

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles

Bath and Body Works says this one smells like “Maple Syrup, Golden Waffles, Pumpkin Spice, Brown Sugar with Essential Oils.” Even though breakfast on Thanksgiving is non-existent to some, this candle shouldn’t be. Buy it here

Thanks & Giving 

Thanks & Giving is described by Bath and Body Works as “Juicy Red Apple, Gooey Caramel, Praline Pieces with Essential Oils.” The queen herself. Get it here

Candles are cozy jars of magic, and perfect for Thanksgiving. Be sure to let us know your favorite scent. Happy Thanksgiving!

Noelia Salazar

CU Boulder '23

Noelia is majoring in international affairs with a minor in communications. She is passionate about social change and bringing light to topics not talked about enough. She loves books, makeup, and coffee. In her free time, she's probably rewatching Gilmore Girls.
Sko Buffs!