This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

What makes a good pregame song? In our opinion, it has to adhere to your audience. Unfortunately, our pre-games tend to be filled with mediocre white boys, hence the mediocre rap music. However, you’ll need a few girly-pop songs and some early 2000s mixed in to really pull together your pregame playlist.

1. “Doses and Mimosas” by Cherub

A classic frat party song–even though it’s a little overplayed, it’s sure to get everyone in the room singing. Everyone knows the lyrics and you might hear it again later at the frats, so if it’s now annoying to you, we don’t blame you. Feel free to skip, but this song might be just what you need to get the pregame started.

1. “Temptations” by Joey Bada$$

The best part about this song? It’s not just for the pregame. This song is featured on multiple of our playlists — the catchy beat, the lyrics, and the tempo gets everyone at the pregame to sing along. It can also be played at the chill kickback that occurs on a Thirsty Thursday. 

1. “Kiss Me Thru The Phone” by Soulja Boy 

Even though this song was released in 2008, it remains a crowd favorite. Its first 30 seconds make up one of the most well-known intros, and even if you don’t know the rest of the four-minute song, you’ll scream the chorus every time. 

1. “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC

You might’ve only heard this iconic song when your parents had a few too many beers, but trust us: it’s catchy. This will certainly get the attention of your pregame guests and bring excitement to the room. The upbeat and energetic tempo will definitely encourage you to finish your drink.

1. “Ms. Jackson” by Outkast

Although this song has been a party favorite since the early 2000s, it still hits just as hard. I wonder if Stacy’s mom and Ms. Jackson know the impact that they’ve had on children in the early 2000s. There’s tons of covers and remakes to this absolute banger, but Outkast’s has the original and the best. 

The songs we have listed here are only a few of many pregame party songs, but all the songs deemed to be the best involve catchy lyrics and an upbeat melody that’s perfect for dancing. 

Here’s the full party playlist, perfect for a pregame or even when you’re just hanging out with a lot of men. We’ve gotten a lot of compliments from our rap-music friends, and even more people singing along while playing pong. 

Eera Vedavyas

CU Boulder '26

Eera Vedavyas is an editor and contributing writer at the Her Campus Chapter at the University of Colorado Boulder. Beyond Her Campus, Eera is a sophomore at CU Boulder studying Psychology with a minor in Business. Their writing journey began in middle school after being inspired to write a novel. Now, her writing experience has evolved too poetry, journalistic writing, and is currently editing her first novel that she hopes to publish one day. In their free time, they enjoy reading, learning how to cook, discovering new music, playing video games, and exploring new places.
Kate Paxton

CU Boulder '26

Kate Paxton is a writer and member of Her Campus Colorado University Boulder. She writes articles covering a variety of topics like wellness, college life, and films. Previously, she was an editor for her high school's newspaper The Mustang, where she oversaw the comedy section and contributed articles. She is currently a sophomore at CU Boulder, majoring in psychology with a pre-health emphasis. In her free time, she enjoys spending quality time with friends and family, binge watching sitcoms, and therapeutically cleaning her room.