Best Part of CU: Norlin Quad as a Student Lounge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

If I told you to close your eyes and imagine looking over Colorado’s campus in the first week of March, you would probably envision snow-covered ground and people trekking to class in heavy jackets and their chunkiest snow boots just trying to survive the last bitter weeks of winter. Boulder may be in Colorado, but it never abides by traditional Colorado weather. 

The first day of March in Boulder showed that the groundhog was right on with his prediction that spring was coming soon.  Boulder usually experiences a tease from Mother Nature with bizarre highs of 70 in January, but those never last.  According to the forecast for the first week of March, the weather truly is looking warm.  With highs for five days straight in the low 60s, CU is clearly excited.  One of the ways you can tell is by taking a look over the Norlin Quad, where students relax in the sun, something that is usually popular come the first weeks of April.

Students use the Norlin Quad to study, hang out or nap during the warm weather months.  The Quad is convenient and it is always much easier to find a spot than to find a cubicle in the library.  Honestly, who would choose a wooden desk and artificial light over this?

Ali Chastain is a sophomore majoring in Advertising in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at CU Boulder. Even though her passion is in Advertising, Journalism has always been a close second, which is why she is stoked to be a part of Her Campus! Originally from St. Louis, MO, she calls Boulder her home away from home. She is a part of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is also employed at American Apparel. When she is not working or studying, she loves to run around her favorite trails in Boulder, stalk music blogs, and put her foodie-ness to the test at new restaurants.