Best Drinks to Order at Dutch Bros for the Coffee Haters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

If you’ve ever been on the Dutch Bros Website, you know how overwhelming their menu is. I go probably two or three times a week with my friend Bella so we’ve really come to know their menu. Dutch Bros isn’t your typical drive-thru establishment where you can view the menu upon arrival – so it really takes some forethought. Fear not, as a self-proclaimed Dutch Bros expert and hater of coffee, I present you with my top eight picks for the best drinks to order at Dutch Bros.

Galaxy fish rebel (strawberry, lime, passion fruit).

Rebels are essentially Dutch Bros’ take on a Red Bull. They share the same basic flavor, are available iced or blended, and you’re able to make basically anything into a Rebel. I’ve been on a recent Galaxy Fish kick and I can confirm that it is the perfect mix of sweet and tart. 

Passion water green tea (passion fruit, watermelon).

A seemingly basic combo, the Passion Water flavor mixes perfectly with green tea. If you’ve ever had Starbucks’ Passion Tea Lemonade, it’s a lot like that… but upgraded.

Palm tree lemonade (pomegranate, passion fruit, lime).

Dutch Bros also offers a variety of flavored lemonades which really elevate any of their flavors. If you couldn’t already tell, I like the tart and fruity combos and the Palm Tree Lemonade has  a really tropical flare.

Horchata chai (caramel, white chocolate, cinnamon).

If fruity isn’t necessarily your thing, I recommend trying one of their Chai teas. The Horchata Chai offers the perfect amount of spice and is a great way to ring in the fall season. Also, another great thing about Dutch Bros is that they have a variety of dairy free / vegan options including soy, almond, and coconut milk. 

Aftershock dutch soda (strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, lime)

Dutch Bros also has Dutch Sodas, which are a lot like Italian Sodas and can be ordered in virtually any flavor. Is there anything they can’t do?!

Grape rebel (strawberry, passion fruit, blue raspberry).

Don’t be fooled by the name, this flavor actually contains no grape. The Grape Rebel is just another one the Rebels I frequently order and is a slightly sweeter option (without being over the top).

OG gummy bear paris tea (pomegranate, passion fruit, watermelon, grapefruit). 

Paris Tea is just Dutch Bros’ black tea option and you can add any menu flavor to either tea – I usually base my decision off how much caffeine I want, as black generally has more. What really sets the OG Gummy Bear apart is the grapefruit, which you can really taste in the aftertaste. A perfectly refreshing combination!

Shark attack rebel (blue raspberry, coconut, lime, & pomegranate drizzle).

The Shark Attack Rebel is a slightly sweeter option because of the addition of the coconut flavor and pomegranate drizzle – but again, it still isn’t sickening sweet. Before it gets mixed, the Shark Attack is actually supposed to kind of resemble one with the mix of blue and red, kind of weird, but also kind of an added bonus.

I know smoothies and Frosts (essentially milkshakes) also exist, but I can’t say I’ve ever been compelled to try them. Let’s face it, it could be closing time and I’ll still probably order a blended Dutch Rebel to keep me up at night – they’re that good! This is in no way a comprehensive list, but if you’re ever looking for some variety, these are a few good options. Don’t be intimidated because really you can never go wrong, happy drinking!

Megan Grote

CU Boulder '21

Megan is currently a senior at CU Boulder, graduating December 2020, pursuing a double major in Communication and Chinese, and minoring in Information Science. Originally from Virginia, Megan grew up overseas in Qatar and loves learning about people and their experiences with the world. Her passions include all things ocean and space related, animals, and introducing others to the curative powers of funky socks.
Sko Buffs!