Best Breakfast Spots in Boulder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

In 2014, Forbes named Boulder, Colorado one of the foodiest cities, and they did so with good reason. With all the incredible restaurants to go to for dinner, it’s easy to forget about the breakfast spots. These restaurants are local fan-favorites and have a wide variety of options for food. Even if you’re not that into breakfast food, these restaurants are worth checking out.

Foolish Craigs

If the name sounds familiar, it’s probably because you’ve passed it on the way to the CU gym, or stopped by to grab a quick coffee before class. While the CU location is great for a quick bite, the Pearl Street location is a delicious sit-down breakfast spot that you’ll never want to get up from. This Colorado exclusive restaurant is known for its crepes and award-winning bread. It has even been recognized by Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Snooze 

After trying the peanut butter cup pancake, I knew Snooze was going to be an all-time favorite. I truly believe that there is no bad item on this menu, and it’s hard to find a single person who disagrees. Their fun and upbeat environment, partnered with their helpful, kind staff, makes every visit an enjoyable experience.

The Buff 

Can you even say you go to CU if you haven’t been to The Buff? This family-owned restaurant is the #1 place to take your family and friends when they come to visit since there’s something for everyone. This restaurant packs in the flavor with every bite and the portions are big enough that you’ll always leave satisfied.

Le French Cafe 

French-owned with freshly baked goods, this cozy little restaurant earns its spot as one of the best places in Boulder. With a four-page menu including pastries, omelets, crepes, sandwiches, and more, it’s hard to find something not to like. They’re also within walking distance of the campus, making it a great place to grab lunch after class.

Lucile’s Creole Cafe 

Walking into this little yellow house, you’d think you accidentally wandered into your mom’s kitchen, because this food is as good as a home-cooked meal. This restaurant is unlike any other, with its creole twist on classic recipes. Lucile’s has received countless awards from the Boulder Camera, Westword Magazine, and more. And most importantly, don’t forget to try the beignets. To. Die. For.

With so many options for food in Boulder, it’s hard to narrow your choices down. But based on countless reviews, recommendations, and personal experiences, it’s safe to say that these five make for a great start to your day.

Lexi Riga

CU Boulder '23

Lexi is a sophomore at CU Boulder studying journalism and media production. In her free time, she enjoys cooking anything and everything, finding new local coffee shops, and spending time outdoors.
Sko Buffs!