This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Name: Narendra Stanislaus Phillip Martosudarmo.

Hometown:Jakarta, Indonesia
Year: 2017
Major: English

You have mentioned on social media you are a writer. Why did you begin writing books? I’ve started to write my first novel back when I started 10th grade in 2010, and it was first published in March 11 2013, 8 days after my 18th birthday. I wrote my novel series to bring the generation of my school year a little closer together. Many of the good characters in my novels are named after my friends as a tribute to the kindness and wisdoms that they have given to me. All of my friends’ characters in my novels are dragons, since they are powerful and amazing creatures.

Tell us a little about the favorite book you have written.The title of my novel series is “The Chronicles of the Dragon Brethren”. It tells the story about a group of young, courageous, and selfless dragons who had sworn to protect the Dragon Kingdom from a horde of genocidal dragons, while trying to find out who will be the next king.

What is it like being well known around campus? I feel very honored for being well known around the CU campus

Do you enjoy the attention you receive on campus?I do enjoy the attention I receive on campus. I meet a lot of new, friendly people every week.

Does your family know that you’re popular around the CU campus? If they do, what do they think of all the attention you get? My family does know about my popularity around the CU campus. They were happy about it, since I am pretty much the first one in my family to become famous outside of my country.

Where did you get your signature ‘Sherlock Holmes’ style from?I bought the trench coat and the gloves from Nordstrom Rack, but as for the scarf and the deerstalker hat, they are family heirlooms.

If you could have dinner with 3 people (dead or alive) who would they be? The 3 people I would love to have dinner with are Benedict Cumberbatch (because he is Sherlock Holmes and the dragon Smaug), Chris Pratt (because he did awesome performances in “Parks and Recreation”, “Guardians of the Galaxy”, and “Jurassic World”), and Anna Kendrick (because she is a great actress and a wonderful singer).

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years, I see myself living a content life with my friends and family.

What is one thing people don’t know about you? The one thing that people don’t know about me is that after I have finished writing “The Chronicles of the Dragon Brethren”, I am planning to write a new, untitled novel about dinosaurs.

What’s your favorite dessert?My favorite dessert is strawberry ice cream.

What kind of music do you listen to? I usually listen music from movies and TV shows, such as songs from Disney movies like the ones from “The Lion King”, the “Jurassic Park” theme music, the soundtrack from the “How to Train Your Dragon” films, and “I’ll Be There For You” from “Friends”. These types of music very often give inspirations when I am writing my novels.

Do you have any interesting hobbies? My hobbies are studying about dinosaurs, singing and listening to songs, playing guitar, playing piano, watching movies and TV shows, and hanging out with my friends.

When you’re not in class, where can we find you? When I am not in class, I can be found walking around the Kittredge Lake, or hanging out in Buckingham Hall, or eating in the C4C.

Sko Buffs!
Maddi Harris

CU Boulder

Maddi Harris is currently a Sophomore Public Relations major at the Univeristy of Colorado-Boulder. Growing up in New Jersey, her move across the country to Colorado for school has taught Maddi to appreciate the little things about her home state- mainly being the food that is made there. When she's not making use of the beautiful terrain that Colorado has to offer, she can be found decked out in black & gold supporting her fellow buffs on gamedays. In her free time she enjoys catching up on Perez Hilton's daily articles and obsessing over the different wedding dresses featured on TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress."