Almost Spring Break as Told by Parks and Rec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The few weeks before spring break in Boulder are probably the worst period of time in the entire school year for so many reasons.. so, while we are all suffering together, let’s take a moment to look at this torturous time through the lens that is Parks and Rec.

First of all, throughout various times of the day you are either freezing cold,

or sweating profusely, and you never know what time of day either climate will occur, sometimes it’s hot in the morning and cold during lunch, and hot again by 5, sometimes it changes every 30 minutes. Either way you are never dressed properly.

You have no motivation to do anything, because you know a break is coming but after that you have to come back and that takes away some of the fun of “pushing through”

so by the time you are done with all your classes and clubs and homework and workouts and your friends want to go party you’re just like

and when your roommate asks for the answers to the homework you’re just like

and that essay…

Let’s not even mention the spring break workout you’ve been on since february

and trying to eat healthy like

But when you finally just give in and go to cosmos you’re like

Your thoughts on 9am class tomorrow 

and you decide to show up but when you get asked a question you’re just like

then you realize you have 4 exams this week even though you just finished midterms

overall just about everything going on right now is a giant, exhausting mess

but when it’s finally time to leave for break we will all be like

and our professors will be like

but don’t forget, all good breaks come to an end

Lauren is currently majoring in Psychology in the College of Arts and Sciences and minoring in Business in the Leeds School of Business, Leadership in the LSM Program, and Women and Gender Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Colorado Boulder. On campus Lauren currently holds the position of Her Campus CU Boulder's Chapter President and Campus Correspondent. She also acts as an Aerie Real on campus ambassador, held the position of  Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Rep for CU for the previous two years, and acts as the social media chairman and event coordinator for the PSICHI Psychology Honors Club within CU's Psychology department.  Outside of school Lauren founded and owns Empyreal Photography. When she's not looking through a camera lens or somewhere drinking chai, you can probably find her in a yoga class, petting a dog, or daydreaming about New York City.  
Maddi Harris

CU Boulder

Maddi Harris is currently a Sophomore Public Relations major at the Univeristy of Colorado-Boulder. Growing up in New Jersey, her move across the country to Colorado for school has taught Maddi to appreciate the little things about her home state- mainly being the food that is made there. When she's not making use of the beautiful terrain that Colorado has to offer, she can be found decked out in black & gold supporting her fellow buffs on gamedays. In her free time she enjoys catching up on Perez Hilton's daily articles and obsessing over the different wedding dresses featured on TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress."