Life > Experiences

Activities to Do With Your Squad Once Quarantine is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Spring 2020 was one of the least predictable semesters most of us have seen. A lot of us are stuck in our house. That being said, this will all be over sooner or later, and I’m super excited to finally see my friend group in Denver again. Here’s a giant list of things you can do with your friends (when you’re done quarantining, of course).

Go on a road trip.

There are plenty of beautiful mountain towns in Colorado that are a relatively short drive. I’m planning on visiting Ouray this summer.

Go to a museum.

There are art museums and science museums in Denver that are great spots to visit with your friends.

Make some mocktails.

This is a super fun way to feel fancy with your friends! There are hundreds of recipes on Pinterest.

Watch a horror movie.

Be sure to actually watch them with your friends if you want to finish it!

Play a board game.

It’s old-school, but games like Monopoly are a classic.

Get boba.

If you go to Boulder, you’re probably addicted to Kung Fu Tea. Nothing beats chatting over some bubble tea.

Go downtown.

Most downtown areas have pretty cool restaurants and shopping areas to explore. You can also have a photoshoot with your friends there!

Travel.

This one requires a bit of planning (and a lot of money), but you’ll make a lot of memories.

Go to an amusement park.

Most states have amusement parks. During the summer, Elitch Gardens in Denver has both an amusement park and a water park.

Go to a concert.

Does your squad like moshpits, symphonies, or pop concerts? As long as they’re not canceled, they’ll be there for your group to enjoy. 

Fill a kiddie pool with Orbeez.

You know you want to.

Make DIY face masks.

This is a great way to relax with your friends, especially after a global pandemic subsides! There are a lot of DIY mask recipes on Pinterest.

Build a game.

This might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s actually a pretty fun group project!

Go thrift shopping.

If you haven’t tried thrifting yet, you should try it! 

Try the spiciest food in town.

This is for you capsaicin addicts out there!

Go to a conveyer belt sushi restaurant.

It’s an experience.

Stargaze.

Extra points if you have a telescope.

Explore a cave.

Obviously make sure that the cave is safe and popular, but if you can do it in Minecraft, why not in real life?

Go to the Botanic Gardens.

The Denver Botanic Gardens is my favorite place in Colorado. My friends and I have probably gone there at least ten times now!

Make a cardboard boat.

And name it.

Quarantining is rough! But, being able to look forward to hanging out with your friends will hopefully lift your mood. 

Maya Douglas

CU Boulder '22

Maya is a senior at CU Boulder studying computer science and philosophy. In her free time, you'll find her listening to music on campus or going out with her friends.