7 Tips for a Stress-Free Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas where everyone is scrambling to buy gifts. Luckily, Black Friday is the perfect time for early holiday shopping because of all the amazing deals offered. Here are some tips to guide you through this seemingly hectic day:

Tip #1: Start Early

Waking up early after all the turkey and stuffing is going to be the hardest part of the day. Just know that the earlier you arrive to the stores, the better deals you’ll get and the more products there will be to choose from!

Tip #2: Have a set schedule

Plan out where you’re going to be and when. Single standing stores, as well as department stores, tend to open early for shoppers and the earlier you arrive, the more stores you can hit up throughout the day.

Tip #3: Prioritize where you shop

When making a list of stores to visit, be sure to put “must find” items at the top of your list so you can prioritize the more important items and work your way down your list!

Tip #4: Shop with your girlies!

No one wants to take on the intensity of Black Friday alone! Going in as a team allows you to cover more ground and find products you would’ve never found alone. Plus, who better to give you honest feedback then your best friends.

Tip #5: Bring snacks

Stocking up on snacks is essential during Black Friday because there will be no time to eat at a sit down restaurant. Try packing foods that are small, but have protein to get you through the day with some energy!

Tip #6: Only try on if it’s ABSOLUTELY necessary

Black Friday is no ordinary shopping trip, therefore, items will be flying off the shelves faster than you can grab them. Only try on clothes if it’s necessary because you want to spend most of the time scouting the floor, instead of hiding in the dressing rooms.

Tip #7: Shop in your Pjs

If you want to avoid the craziness at the malls, or you simply enjoy shopping online, staying in bed with your computer and a cup of tea is another great way to take advantage of Black Friday. Some of the best deals are found online and you’ll be shopping in comfort without having to lift a finger!

Black Friday is stressful, but well worth the hassle. The deals are great and it’s a perfect time to shop for holiday gifts! Good luck on the hunt and happy shopping!

Your girl,

Nikki B

Nikki Blum

CU Boulder '20

My name is Nikki Blum and I'm a Junior at CU Boulder majoring in Marketing. I'm from Colorado and I love to run, shop, and hang out with friends! When I'm not in school, I run my own company called Nikki B's College Tees where make custom tailgate/game day t-shirts and sell to college students all over the country! My business is my pride and joy and I hope to one day work in a career that combines fashion and entrepreneurship.
Sko Buffs!