This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Are you thinking about PSL’s, Halloween costumes, and Autumn colors? If you’re anything like me you are ready for this hot, dry weather to be over already. Fall is one of my favorite seasons because it’s the best time to be outdoors enjoying the beautiful scenery. I’m here to help you catch all the insta worthy Colorado fall pictures to prove to all your friends that you do indeed live in the best city in the country. 

Trail Ridge Road

Travel Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Cost: $20-day pass (per vehicle) 

Trail Ridge Road travels through the beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. Eleven miles of that route scales up above timberline. This scenic drive is not for those who fear heights, so beware and please drive safely! There are pullouts all along the highway. 

2. Aspen

Travel Time: 3 hours 15 minutes

This gorgeous town is FULL of Aspen trees, hence the name! Catch insta worthy pictures wherever you look and be sure to check out downtown too! 

3. Maroon Bells

Drive time: 4 hours

Also located near Aspen, Maroon Bells is truly breathtaking. Due to the high volume of visitors be prepared to ride a shuttle bus to Maroon Lake that runs every 20 minutes. Don’t be discouraged because there are also many trails that you can take to get away from the crowds! 

4. Telluride

Travel Time: 6 hours 15 minutes

Despite the far drive, Telluride is well worth the drive! There are various hikes that take you to some of the most gorgeous views you can find. Try taking the gondola from the ski resort during the season! Keep your eyes peeled for elk during this season too! 

5. Kebler Pass

Travel time: 4 hours 40 minutes

Located in Gunnison, Kebler pass is known to have one of the largest Aspen groves in North America! Photographers flock to this destination during the fall season, so you’re sure to get the perfect picture. Be sure to have the right vehicle as some of the roads are unpaved. 

Keep in mind that the peak time for fall foliage is late September-mid October. With that said, I hope you all have a wonderful time exploring this colorful state of ours! If you are camping please remember to clean up after your sites and check local fire bans! 

Yolanda is a junior majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in advertising and a certificate in Technology, Arts, and Media. She holds the position of social media director for CU-Boulder's Her Campus chapter. She is on the Victoria's Secret PINK Campus team at CU-Boulder and acts as the "Social Media Guru." She works part-time as a waitress at her family's restaurant and helps with their advertising and social media platforms. In her spare time, she loves to surround herself with friends, read all kinds of books, attend country concerts, hike, and has a newly found love for fishing! 
Sko Buffs!