This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Hi ladies! At just over two weeks into the fall semester, I know I am already looking for new recipes, especially new salads to try. While all the dining halls at Boulder are the best I found in my personal college search, I am always looking for something new to try to keep meals interesting. So, here are five Pinterest salads you can make in the UMC’s Alferd Packer Grill.

For anyone who is not sure where the salad bar is, it’s inside the UMC, at the very center of the Alferd Packer Grill.

1. Basic Spinach Salad

Source//KristinesKitchen

1. Spinach

2. Sliced cucumber

3. Sliced mushrooms

4. Hard boiled egg halves (depends on the day if the grill will have this)

5. Italian dressing

As a note: The original Pinterest recipe also includes bacon bits, but I haven’t seen bacon bits in the grill’s salad bar options. If you find some, let me know!

2. Arugula Salad

Source//Gimmesomeoven

1. Fresh Arugula

2. Parmesan

3. Olive Oil

4. Balsamic glaze (usually there earlier in the day, but tends to run out fast!)

This salad is great when I’ve made it at home and is a really great, simple option when you’re on the run.

3. Simple House Salad

Source//TAK

1. Romaine/Iceberg lettuce

2. Tomatoes

3. Sliced cucumber

4. Red onions

5. Croutons

6. Cheddar cheese

This one is an option that the grill will definitely have all the ingredients for on an average day. I highly recommend it!

4. Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Source//GarnishLemon

1. Spinach

2. Toaster walnuts

3. Craisins

4. Goat cheese (the grill might only have blue cheese*)

5. Balsamic Vinaigrette

This salad could be fun to add fruit to. Some days, and when in season, the grill will have strawberries in the fruit bar that you could easily cut up and add to this salad.

5. Chicken Caesar Salad

Source//YummyHealthyEasy

1. Romaine lettuce

2. Parmesan cheese

3. Croutons

4. Chicken

5. Cesar salad dressing

I hope you all enjoy these salad options!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!