This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Are you looking for some fun date ideas to keep you warm while the weather outside is a little frightful? Well, keep on reading! These five fun date ideas will be sure to keep you and your SO warm this winter.

Go to Denver Zoo Lights!

This one’s a classic. If you live in Colorado and haven’t been to Zoo Lights, you’re missing out. Going to Zoo Lights is such a fun date because you walk around the zoo at night after it has closed for the day, and you get to see light displays that look like the animals at the zoo (like the little tiger in the picture above). You can also go into the animal enclosures that are still open! My favorite is the reptile and fish room. Overall, this is a great date if you want to look at the lights while sipping on some hot chocolate. Denver Zoo Lights opens on November 29th and runs all the way through December 30th. Buy your tickets here!

Go to a sip and paint studio!

Alright, this one is for my 21+ ladies. I personally haven’t done this one yet, but I’ve always wanted to try a sip and paint night! I mean, who doesn’t want to drink wine and paint at the same time?! Sipping on some wine and painting your next masterpiece along with your SO sounds like a perfect night to me. If you want to try it out, there’s a studio right here in Boulder where you can take a class. Happy painting! 🎨

Bake Christmas cookies!

I know this one sounds a little cliche, but it’s a classic! I’ve always loved baking, especially when someone else is with me. Take a trip to the dollar store and buy some cute Christmas cookie cutouts that you can use when baking your favorite kind of cookie! After the cookies are done baking, you and your SO can have a little fun and decorate them with icing and sprinkles. Baking also keeps you warm while looking at the snowfall outside. 🍪❄️

Get physical! (by doing some yoga of course 😉)

Yoga is a great way to not only relax, but it also helps you to stretch and exercise your body while maintaining a meditative mindset. Doing this with your SO can bring you closer together through this shared experience, and you can talk about it afterward! There’s yoga studios all around Boulder, and if you like hot yoga definitely check out Bulldog Yoga! Who knows, maybe you’ll become a yogi!

Do a fun winter photoshoot!

Photoshoots are always a fun thing to do no matter what time of year, but they’re especially fun in the winter! Having all the snow (especially with those beautiful flatties in the background) will leave you with some Insta-worthy pictures. So grab your camera and SO and go have some fun!

I hope you enjoyed these date ideas and stay warm out there! XOXO

Shelby Lavery

CU Boulder '19

Shelby is currently a senior at the University of Colorado Boulder majoring in Communication and minoring in Theatre. She just joined HCCU this semester, but is super excited to start writing and creating content! She is originally from Playa del Rey, California but has become absolutely enamored with the mountains ever since she moved to Colorado. You can almost always find her with coffee in hand while walking to class and dazing off at the gorgeous Flatirons. Make sure to follow her on Instagram @shelbylavery and Twitter @shelby_anne19 ♡