5 Easy, Tasty, and Dorm-Friendly Mug Recipes for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Fall is almost here, and, if you’re as excited as I am, you cannot wait. The leaves changing, the cozy fall fashion, and the excuse to snuggle up in your dorm room with Netflix and a mug of tea are just some of the best things about fall. One of the best things about fall, however, has to be the food. If you miss the comfort of a home-cooked meal or just need some easy comfort food for the chilly weather, look no further. These delicious mug recipes are dorm friendly, easy, and will have you in the fall spirit in no time.

1. Rigatoni Pasta Pie in a Mug

Nothing screams “fall” quite like a hearty pasta dish. If you don’t have access to an oven or stovetop, there’s still a way for you to satisfy that craving. This easy pasta pie in a mug is surprisingly beautiful, and its warm savory flavors are perfect for any cozy night in.

Find the recipe here.

2. Mug-Style Mac and Cheese

Who doesn’t love good comfort food? Even without a stove top, you can still make yourself delicious mac and cheese in a perfect single-person serving size. Plus, making it in a mug makes for easy cleanup.

Find the recipe here.

3. Microwave Cinnamon Apple Crisp

Cinnamon apples are a classic among fall dishes, and this dorm-friendly version tastes just like apple pie. When you can’t resist your sweet tooth, whipping these up takes no time and is the perfect dessert for fall.

Find the recipe here.

4. Cheesy Broccoli Rice Bowl

Looking for something hearty that won’t give you a food coma? This delicious dish has a good balance of carbs and nutrients, and the cheesy broccoli is good brain fuel for long cold nights of studying.

Find the recipe here.

5. Pumpkin Chowder in a Mug

Everybody knows it isn’t really fall without pumpkin. This savory pumpkin chowder is a beautiful balance of fall flavors. Pair it with some toast or crackers and you’ve made yourself a Panera-worthy dinner for half the cost.

Find the recipe here.

Fall is the perfect time for all things cozy: from sweaters to hot drinks to comfort foods. And nothing says “fall” without some tasty comforting mug recipes. When you’re looking for something quick and easy but still satisfying, these five mug recipes are sure to warm both your heart and your stomach.

Madison Sinsel

CU Boulder '21

Madison is currently a sophomore at CU Boulder, working towards a major in the CMCI school in Strategic Communications on the media design track as well as a minor in fine art. She's been a HerCampus writer since her freshman year, and this year she is also lucky to be an Aerie Ambassador for CU's campus and a Barre3 ambassador for the Boulder studio. At CU Boulder, Madi is focusing on learning graphic design and illustration and has plans to one day become an artistic director and tattoo artist. She's had a love for writing since she was three years old, and is thrilled to be a part of the HerCampus community. Her passions include theatre, matcha lattes, and reading people's tarot cards at parties.
Sko Buffs!