Her Campus CU Boulder is participating in this year’s Project Kind, an initiative from October 22nd, 2021 through October 26th, 2021, a suicide prevention and awareness initiative. The week will feature suicide prevention trainings, a student panel on mental health, and 5k fundraiser, Radical Acts of kindness, and so many ways for clubs, students, and community members to get involved!
Our purpose with Project Kind is to mobilize Kindness Warriors across the nation starting with leaders within the CU Boulder college campus and trickling through people’s respective spheres of influence. We seek to achieve this by educating people on practical ways to cultivate authentic empathy & give people the tools to put this knowledge to practice with Project Kind endorsed radical acts of kindness.
Below is a list generated by HCCU writers on 30 random acts of kindness you can do to be a part of the initiative! See Project Kind’s list here.
Thanks to HCCU writer and social media team member Gennah Penalosa for spearheading HCCU’s involvement with Project Kind!
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru
- Tip a waiter more than 20% and/or write a thank you note on the receipt
- Send a text to someone you haven’t talked to in a while to check in
- Email a teacher/professor you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Put nice sticky notes in your dorm or on bathroom mirrors
- Compliment a stranger
- Write an advisor/TA/mentor a thank you
- Call your grandma!
- Sit with someone you see sitting alone
- Leave sticky notes for your roommates
- Offer help to someone lost on campus, like a freshman or family visiting
- Get a bouquet of flowers and hand them out to people
- Leave a small giftbag/gift card around for someone to find!
- Smile at someone if they look like they’re having a bad day
- Buy a hat or a pair of gloves for a homeless person
- Write someone a handwritten note and mail it
- Hold the door for someone
- Make someone cookies, dinner, or something else homemade
- Buy something extra and pass it off to someone like it was an accident that you got an extra
- Pick up trash
- Sign up for monthly donation
- Venmo a friend you don’t see for their coffee that day
- Put out a candy bowl for Halloween
- Go through your closet and find a few items to donate
- Go on GoFundMe and pick something
- Send a friend a song/meme/etc. that reminds you of them
- Annotate your favorite book and give to a friend
- Draw chalk art in front of campus buildings to spread positive messages
- Surprise someone and take them on a “date”/activity
- Text someone you that you appreciate/admire/value/grateful for them
We hope this inspires you to be kind this weekend and every weekend!