This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Ariana Grande is continuing to explore the genre of rap on 2 Chainz’s new album Rap or Go to the League, which dropped last Friday. Some may know that 2 Chainz was featured on a remix of Ariana’s 7 rings. Little did we know, the two would be making a comeback on his album!

Source//Instagram

Ariana Grande accompanies 2 Chainz on the ninth song of his album, Rule The World. Rule The World features Ariana’s classic harmonies and highlights a 2000’s R&B sound that throws us back to girl groups like Brandy & Monica and TLC. 2 Chainz and Ariana Grande sampled Amerie’s Why Don’t We Fall In Love, which contributes to the song’s R&B vibe. It’s exciting to see a pop artist like Ari crossing into other genres and adding her unique angelic harmonies on a track that wouldn’t traditionally feature a voice like hers. On a tracklist next to incredible artists like Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, and Lil Wayne, Ariana definitely represents not only pop artists, but women in the music industry as well. 

Source//Consequence of Sound

The year started off with 2 Chainz remixing Ariana’s 7 rings on her impromptu album thank u, next. The pink house featured in the 7 rings music video bared a resemblance to 2 Chainz’s Pink Trap House, a haunted house in Atlanta that was created by him about a year earlier. This allegedly brought the two together to discuss the controversy and led to their collaboration and the creation of the 7 rings remix and Rule The World.

Source//ZIG

Considering they’ve collaborated on two songs now (and Ari’s been posting content on Insta with 2 Chainz), it’s safe to say that we’re hoping for a music video soon! With both Ariana and 2 Chainz making it onto Spotify’s US Top 50 chart, it looks like they may really be on their way to rule the world.

Nina Ryan

CU Boulder '21

Nina Ryan is a Sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder majoring in Advertising and minoring in Technology, Arts, and Media. She can be found doing just about anything from seeing her favorite bands to finding the best angles of downtown Denver. Originally from Japan, Nina loves to travel and hopes to bring a fresh and exciting perspective to her writing!
Sko Buffs!