15 Things Girls do After a Break-up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

15 Things Girls do After a Break-up

Get a Haircut

Yes, it sounds weird but for some girls (including me) a haircut after a breakup is the best way to move on and in a way get rid of that negative energy.

Sometimes you just gotta wash that man right out of your hair

Binge Watch

Some girls cope with their breakup by binge watching their favorite series or finish the one their currently watching as a way to focus on something else for a little while.

Hit the Gym

As a way to relieve stress and better themselves some girls opt to go to the gym and get their sweat on. I mean hey, less regret and more sweat is a pretty good moto to live by.

Gossip

By getting with the girls and having a full on gossip session about all the bad things he did during the relationship it helps us girls release some of those bad vibes and move on.

Become a social media spy

Yes, it sounds absolutely crazy but a lot of social media stalking happens I mean come on when you spend so much time with your significant other you wanna see what their doing after the break up or who their doing.

( I mean we should all be hired by the CIA to carry out missions because girls find out everything)

“Trying” to be their friend

We all go through that time where we think we can really be friends with our exes but in reality is actually really hard to do and in the end doesn’t always work out. But shoutout to those people who can still be friends after a break up we all strive to be you!

Cry….A lot

Some tears will be shed but it happens we cry to get rid of the negativity and get over it.

Eat a bunch of ice cream

After a break up to you sit in a hot bath with candles, ice cream, and your favorite Netflix series or is that just me? Well anyway, a lot of ice cream is consumed and then you feel better no matter how many pints of Ben and Jerrys you eat they can’t break your heart.

Get their drink on!

Girls night and a couple drinks is one of the best ways a girl can forget that guy for a few hours and just be herself with those who build her up.

Subtweets….lots of subtweets

Retweeting or posting tweets that in a way call out their Ex as a way to get back at him for all your followers to see is on way we deal with breakups. (yes, i’m guilty of it but that’s a story for another time)

Being “fine”

The word we will always say no matter how many times you ask us how we are or if where okay after a break up we will always tell you we are “just fine”.

Laugh until we can’t breathe

1. Laughing because it’s over

and

2 .Laughing because that cat video was just too cute!

Shopping

Walking around a mall, ordering stuff online, or just walking around target sometimes a little retail therapy is just the right thing

Cry some more

Cry just a little bit more to make sure all the bad energy is gone.

and Smile

Even if it’s fake because smiling is one way a girl can feel better and being happy is sometimes the best revenge.

I hope this list not only made you laugh but gives you a list of things to do next if you don’t know what to do after a break up. But no matter what be happy and smile.

XOXO- Michaela

Michaela is a rising Senior at the University of Colorado Boulder where she is majoring in psychology and working towards minors in education and leadership. Outside of the classroom, Michaela is a founding member of the Phi Mu Xi Alpha chapter and a 4-year member of Her Campus x CU. On the weekend you can find Michaela shopping on Pearl St. or driving up to the mountains.
Sko Buffs!