This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Fall is just around the corner and there has already been a noticeable increase in the amount of pumpkin flavored food and drink almost everywhere. But why stop at pumpkin flavored food? Pumpkin is loaded with enzymes that help brighten and smooth your skin. It is beneficial in treating acne by increasing your circulation and improving cell turnover. It can even promote hair growth and get rid of dry hair! Below is a list of 13 beauty products containing pumpkin so you can experience ALL the benefits pumpkin has to offer.

Homemade Products:

Body Butter

Combine equal parts pumpkin puree and coconut oil. Take it in the shower and apply it wherever you need some extra moisturizer. Rinse it off when you’re done!

Lip Scrub

Mix ¼ teaspoon pumpkin puree, ¼ teaspoon coconut oil, and ½ teaspoon sugar. Rub it on your lips to exfoliate then rinse (or lick) it off.

Facial Mask (for all skin types)

Add 1 cup pumpkin, two tablespoons brown sugar, one tablespoon honey, and ½ cup yogurt. Spread it on your face and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water and dry.

Foot Scrub

Blend ½ cup pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and enough salt to make a loose paste. Apply it to your foot, specifically focusing on heels and calluses. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Cheap(er) Beauty Products:

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Shower Gel – $13, Bath & Body Works

Don’t stop at just shower gel, Bath & Body Works makes lotion, soap, scrub, and pretty much anything you could want pumpkin scented.

Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser – $16, Ulta

Certified cruelty free cleanser for all skin types that won’t leave your skin feeling dried out.

Anti-Aging Sheet Mask – $4, Ulta

Perfect for those fall self care nights.

Desert Essence Pumpkin Spice Hand Repair Cream – $5, Walgreens

Protect your hands from the dry Colorado climate with this ultra nourishing hand cream.

Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask – $12, Ulta

Exfoliate and brighten your skin with this organic, vegan face mask.

Treat yo’ Self Products:

Pumpkin Enzyme Mask – $58, Sephora

This mask is a favorite among many with over 400 reviews! It is good for all skin types and prevents dullness and uneven skin tone.

Incredible Pumpkin Peel – $28, Ulta

This cruelty free mask is ideal for acne-prone skin.

Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub – $23, Lovely Skin

This vegan exfoliating face scrub not only smooths and purifies skin, it can also double as a body wash!

WEN Fall Ginger Pumpkin Cleansing Conditioner – $40, Chazdean

This limited edition conditioner is perfect for all hair types.

Huge shoutout to Bustle, Treehugger, and Pinterest for inspo and pictures!

Abby Tubman

CU Boulder '21

Abby has lived in Longmont, Colorado for most of her life. She is currently a sophomore at CU Boulder majoring in Integrative Physiology with a certificate in Public Health. Currently, she works for a nonprofit organization called the NYAGI Project that works to improve prenatal care in remote areas of the world. When she's not in class you can find Abby at the local Starbucks or spending time outdoors.
Sko Buffs!