Wellness

10 Things to Do When You’re Bored During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The past week has given me such a mix of feelings and I bet you are feeling the same stress. With school going all online and the push for a self-quarantine, it may be hard to manage. Although staying locked away for two weeks sounds like the last thing you want to do with your new freedom, I highly recommend you follow the advice of the experts. I am currently bored out of my mind. If you are in the same boat as me, read on to learn about 10 things you can do when you are bored during the quarantine. 

Take a Bath.

This has been the most stressful week for me and what better way to destress then with a warm, bubble filled bath? Use your favorite bath salts, bubble bath, or bath bombs to create a relaxing hour of your day. You can light a candle and even put a face mask on and let all of your worries wash away.

Start a New Book.

I bet you’re like me and have not read a book since Christmas break. Let’s face it, we just don’t have the time. But, now we do. Curl up in bed and dive into the book that has been catching dust on your shelf or finish the book you once started months ago.

Follow a Fitness Program on YouTube.

There are hundreds of videos you can follow that allow you to get a sweat going all from the comfort of your own home. You can find everything from yoga to HIIT workouts which can be completed in a limited space. Being quarantined should not keep you from moving forward towards your fitness goals!

Take a Hike.

We are so lucky to live in a place that is so close to hiking trails. In the next few weeks, the weather will begin to rise and that means the snow will melt from our favorite hiking trails. Being quarantined doesn’t mean you have to completely stay hidden in your house. It is just important to stay away from other people. Find a trail that is secluded and breathe in the fresh air. Don’t try to climb a fourteener or anything, but a short hike to get fresh hair can’t hurt.

Plan a Vacation.

Although we are stuck at home, that doesn’t mean we can’t look forward to the future. Start a rough plan of a vacation you want to take once COVID-19 begins to clear up. Would you like to visit a beach? Or maybe renting an Airbnb is more your thing. Create a Pinterest board of everything you could do in this vacation spot and start dreaming of your life outside of quarantine once the experts give everyone the go-ahead.

Re-organize Your Room.

Now that we have the time to spend doing chores at home, let’s make the most of it. Spend time re-organizing your room, bathroom, or closet. You will have to spend a while indoors so might as well make it enjoyable.

Make a Movie Watch List.

I know that Netflix may be your go-to form of entertainment during these next 14 days, but it doesn’t have to get boring. Create a list of movies that you have been meaning to watch to break your TV show binge.

Get Caught Up on School.

Although schools have been shut down, classes are still running like normal, just online. Use the extra time that you may have been spending walking to class by catching up on extra school work. This is also a great way to keep your mind off of the stress of COVID-19.

Create a Recipe with Ingredients in Your Cupboard.

Although I am not recommending you jump in your car and race to your nearest grocery store, you can still try to create recipes with the ingredients you already have in your cupboard. Look through Pinterest or try to create something all your own.

Focus on Your Skincare Routine.

14 days of quarantine will give you a great opportunity to focus on your skincare routine. I know that you have a stash of unopened products or samples in the back of your closet. Pull them out of storage and find out what products work best for your skin.

I hope that these tips help you get through this hard time. Just remember to take a deep breath and focus on keeping your life as normal as possible. Focus on schoolwork, do your at-home workouts, and keep in contact with your friends and family over FaceTime. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

XOXO,

Kelley

Kelley is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus CU Boulder. She is currently a senior majoring in journalism and minoring in sports media. In her free time, she likes to workout at her local CrossFit gym, hang out at coffee shops, and explore the mountains.
Pranathi is a graduate from the University of Colorado Boulder. In her time with Her Campus at CU Boulder, she served as Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent.