freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Super Cute Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so if you have no idea what you wanna do or don’t have any plans yet, don’t worry! I’m about to give you 10 super cute and fun ideas for this day that’s all about spreading the love.

1. Make a yummy home-cooked meal.

Whether this be the classic spaghetti and meatballs (Lady and the Tramp anyone?), or a homemade pizza, this is a way to make some delicious food and even have a little fun with your SO, best friend, or whoever! I personally love cooking, so this is a good opportunity to get creative and even find a new favorite meal!

2. Order some takeout, and watch your favorite rom-com.

Takeout can be expensive, but V-Day is a time to splurge a little and order from your fave takeout place. My personal favorite is Chinese, so I think you guys know what I’ll be doing :) Also, there’s no such thing as watching The Notebook too many times!

Source: Pinterest

3. Host a Galentine’s Day party!

If you’re in need of some girl time with a few of your best friend’s, then a Galentine’s Day party is just the thing! Invite your best girlfriends over, set up a cute photo wall, and take some Instagram ready photos! Make (or order) some dinner, and just enjoy being with your girls! If you’re in need of some decorations, Party City has some cute stuff you should check out!

Source: Pinterest

4. Make a Valentine’s Day themed treat.

There are TONS of Valentine’s Day themed cookies, cakes, and other yummy treats out there, so why not try your hand at one! I’ve personally always loved baking so this sounds like something I’d like doing too! Also, don’t you wanna feel like you’re on one of those super cool baking shows? If you love Oreos like I do, here’s a Valentine’s Day themed Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops recipe!

5. Go see a movie.

Alright, so this one is a classic tradition for a V-Day date, but it’s a good one! There’s tons of cool movies out right now, so you might as well go check one out! If you’re looking for something sappy and a little more on the emotional side, A Dog’s Way Home is perfect for you! If you’re looking for a story of unrelenting girl power, On The Basis of Sex is sure to be inspiring!

6. Go to a fancy dinner.

If you’re looking to splurge a little and want more of that romantic feeling with your SO, dress up and go out on the town! If you’re in Boulder, definitely check out The Med. It’s a mediterranean restaurant that has AMAZING tapas and food, and a divine wine and drinks list for you readers over 21! Sometimes you just need to spoil yourself a little :)

7. Go for a walk and watch the sunset.

There’s just something about watching the sunset and watching the sky turn from blue to pink and orange and finally fading into the night. Colorado has some of the most gorgeous sunsets, so you definitely wanna take the opportunity to forget about the world for a second and just enjoy what Colorado has to offer.

Source: Pinterest

8. Take a bath and just relax.

We all know how stressful school can be, and if you’re working on top of being a full-time student like me, you need a little extra me time. So why not spend Valentine’s Day loving yourself and taking a nice bath? Head on over to Lush and grab yourself a bath bomb, put on your favorite TV show, and just be kind to yourself. ♡

Source: Instagram

9. Spend time with your favorite furry friend.

Dogs really do make our lives better, don’t they? Your pets need love too! I know I always feel better when I get home everyday and my dog is at the door wagging her tail so excited to see me. You can’t be sad when you’re getting doggie kisses! So show your pet a little extra love, and maybe give them some extra treats :)

Source: Pinterest

10. Put your mind to the test.

If you’re feeling creative, go to an escape room! They’re a super good way to work together with your SO or best friend to solve a problem. Also, they’re fun! Here’s one right in Boulder, so get ready to put your thinking caps on!

Valentine’s Day is all about love, so whether that be spending time with your SO, your best friends, family, or just yourself, these ideas will surely help you make the most out of your V-Day!

Shelby Lavery

CU Boulder '19

Shelby is currently a senior at the University of Colorado Boulder majoring in Communication and minoring in Theatre. She just joined HCCU this semester, but is super excited to start writing and creating content! She is originally from Playa del Rey, California but has become absolutely enamored with the mountains ever since she moved to Colorado. You can almost always find her with coffee in hand while walking to class and dazing off at the gorgeous Flatirons. Make sure to follow her on Instagram @shelbylavery and Twitter @shelby_anne19 ♡
Sko Buffs!