10 Shows to Binge Watch Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Spring break is fast approaching, and most of us Buffs will be leaving campus for the week. Some of us are heading home for relaxation and home cooked meals, while others are traveling to Cabo and will be in need of a day in bed after a long night out. Either way, binge watching a new series is inevitable. To help you out, here’s a list of some of the best options out there:

1. Girls

No matter what your opinion is of Lena Dunham, she’s made a hilarious and relatable show about 20 somethings making their way through life in New York City. It’s like Sex and the City, but far less glamorous, and way more entertaining, in my opinion. 

2. Grey’s Anatomy

If you want to laugh, cry, and punch your laptop screen within an hour, this is your show. And if you don’t know what ‘your person’ means (AKA you’re way behind on the times), you need to get started on Grey’s immediately.

3. Scream Queens

Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele, and Ariana Grande all in one show? It might sound like a hot mess, but it’s brilliantly clever and almost too easy to binge on.

4. The Vampire Diaries

Staring at the Salvatore brothers for an extended period of time is probably the most relaxing way to spend your break. Just look at those eyes (and ignore the meal still on Stefan’s face).

5. Chelsea Does

Fairly new to Netflix, Chelsea Handler documents her doing things (Marriage, Silicon Valley, Racism, Drugs). Literally, that’s it. But it’s Chelsea Handler, so it’s inevitably hilarious, and surprisingly heartwarming.

6. Gilmore Girls

My mom and I re­watched a majority of this classic over winter break, and I’m willing to bet we’ll be doing the same despite the warmer weather. Lorelai and Rory are mother/daughter goals, and you’ll have to watch to see why.

7. Broad City

Comedy Central gold. It’s a little bit crude and a whole lot hilarious. That’s a lie, it’s sometimes painfully crude, and that’s the beauty of it. If you want some second­hand embarrassment, watch Ilana and Abbi live their daily lives in the most absurd ways possible.

8. Gossip Girl

A classic, and a must if you haven’t already seen it. The drama of the Upper East Side will make all your problems suddenly seem infinitesimal.

9. Game of Thrones

The Seven Kingdoms will give you some of the most exhilarating action you’ve ever seen, and you’re lying if you don’t cover your eyes every so often. And don’t worry, the show comes back to HBO on April 24th for season six, so you have plenty of time to catch up.

10. Once Upon a Time

A grown­up adaptation of our favorite childhood fairy tales, and with some added adventures and excitement thrown into the mix. Plus, just look at Captain Hook there, isn’t he charming?

Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.
Maddi Harris

CU Boulder

Maddi Harris is currently a Sophomore Public Relations major at the Univeristy of Colorado-Boulder. Growing up in New Jersey, her move across the country to Colorado for school has taught Maddi to appreciate the little things about her home state- mainly being the food that is made there. When she's not making use of the beautiful terrain that Colorado has to offer, she can be found decked out in black & gold supporting her fellow buffs on gamedays. In her free time she enjoys catching up on Perez Hilton's daily articles and obsessing over the different wedding dresses featured on TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress."