This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

In the individualized world we live in, it is not often society comes together. On January 20th, 2017, it felt almost as the world stopped when Donald Trump became our next president. Sadness and the feeling of disbelief were in the air for many.

However, these emotions were channeled into positive change. Five million people worldwide marched in solidarity with the Women’s March on Washington. Marchers made history by participating in the largest single-day protest in U.S. history.

Three years later, they are still marching and promoting a #womenswave. Every year, I am extremely inspired by the march and the strong men and women who choose to use their voices for good.

Here are 10 signs from the Women’s March I believe were clever, inspiring, funny or thought-provoking.

Berlin Women’s March. Credit: Jacobia Dahm/Bloomberg

Sydney Women’s March. Credit: Rae Johnston

London Women’s March. Credit: Guy Bell/REX/Shutterstock

San Francisco Women’s March. Credit: Kelly Sullivan

Women’s March New York City. Credit: Caitlin Ochs  

Toronto Women’s March. Credit: Instagram @amandavandenbrock  

Denver Women’s March. Credit: Teague Bohlen

LA Women’s March. Credit: Ariella Plachta

Women’s March Phoenix. Credit: Instagram @dragonpkz

Credit: Twitter @grantlandis

Special thanks to Romper.com, TheCut, Vogue and Westworld.

Remember to stand up for your rights! 

– Rudy

Rudy Joon

CU Boulder '21

Rudy is a sophomore majoring in Strategic Communications with a focus of media design in the College of Media, Communication and Information, and double-minoring in Journalism and Tech, Arts, Media. She is from Saugatuck, Michigan and will always have a place in her heart for Lake Michigan, but equally loves the mountains. Her passion for helping others got her involved as a CMCI ambassador and a writer for Her Campus. Off-campus, you can find her hiking in the Flatirons, eating kale chips or running 5 minutes late.
Sko Buffs!