This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

I love to travel and experience the world. My favorite memories are ones spent in fun and adventurous places, learning about new things and new cultures. However, being on the tight college budget that I am on, exploring the world can be a little tough. Thankfully, we live in a state with vast beauty and a bunch of fun, different locations you can visit on a budget. Here’s some of my favorite places to vacation in Colorado!

1. Glenwood Springs

Glenwood is the perfect location for anyone who is an adrenaline junkie and loves to get adventurous. On top of the mountain, you can explore different caves, ride a mini-coaster down the side of the mountain, or even ride a swing over a cliff. Down the mountain, you can explore the town, or take a dip in the nice hot springs.

2. Vail

Though a little pricier, I love this mountain town. Especially in the summer, this town is full of luscious colors and something to do on every corner. Lots of shops and boutiques line the walkways, so don’t forget to bring your wallet!

3. Denver

Denver is one of the more obvious choices for vacationing in Colorado. This city is booming with excitement, nightlife, and culture, and is definitely a top choice if you love cities like me. The skyline is gorgeous, and there is something for everyone here- clubbing, shopping, food tasting, bar hopping, going to a museum, and more. One of my favorite things to do is to walk around the 16th Street mall, especially at sunset- you’ll get the perfect blend of day-life in the city as well as the nightlife.

4. Colorado Springs

South of Denver, Colorado Springs is a perfect place to get a taste of a new atmosphere in Colorado. Take the rail up to Pikes Peak and experience what it’s like to be on top of the world or visit the Garden of the Gods to really get an intense Insta-worthy photo. There are hot springs here as well, and this city is perfect for those who love nature.

5. Estes Park

Estes Park is a classic and popular town to visit. Just an hour from CSU, this little mountain town holds a lot of Colorado character and novelty. There’s so many places to stay- whether you prefer camping or staying in a cabin or even a more modern home- and a wide variety of things to do, including hiking, biking, shopping, etc.

Hello! My name is Melody and I am currently a sophomore at CSU studying marketing and merchandising. I love dogs, tacos, and photography! I am also a VS PINK Campus Rep!
Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi