Stop Lying to Yourself, In and Out Fries Suck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

I promise you, I’m not a Negative Nancy & I don’t always look at the glass half empty, but after my Coachella adventure I feel like a new person who doesn’t feel the need to obsess over the same things as everyone else. Obviously, I had to indulge in In & Out when visiting California.

I’ve been to In & Out twice before this trip, once in California when I was probably 10 and once in Vegas in January for my 21st birthday. Don’t get me wrong, In & Out is good, but you’re lying to yourself if you think their fries are even halfway decent.

We ate In & Out three times this trip and every single times the fries got more and more disappointing. The first time, we tried the animal fries, which are on the secret menu. If you don’t know what animal fries are, they are fries with melted cheese, a thousand island/mustard tasting sauce (animal sauce), and fried onions. I was excited to try them out, but when I saw the employees put two Kraft singles on top, I knew they wouldn’t live up to my expectations.

The second time we went, we got just normal fries. I barely ate them since they tasted bland. I felt like I was eating a worse version of Veggie Sticks (I love Veggie Sticks though). The third and final trip, we got fries well done. I was hoping they would taste better, but they didn’t. The fries were still flavorless and hollow inside with just a little extra crunch.

Maybe it’s the fact their fries are cooked in sunflower oil, but whatever it is they aren’t good. And if you think they are, you’re crazy. In & Out’s burgers are amazing, I love them and would choose them over most burgers any day. But the fries almost make the trip not even worth it. I’m basic and need fries with my burger, but next time I might have to make a stop at McDonald’s to get fries first. I’ll stick to Shake Shack for now.

Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi