“A Simple Favor” is Everything We Needed and More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

Don’t worry, no spoilers here.

1. Blake Lively is a reason all by herself.

If you’re anything like me, you binge watched Gossip Girl many of times, and anything with Blake Lively starring, you’re watching.

2. Anna Kendrick too, obviously! (don’t think I was going to leave her out.)

This girl is freaking funny and was the absolute perfect person to play her character, “Stephanie” in the movie.

3. The plot twists are ridiculous

Ridiculously great that is. I had to pee the entire movie, but was I going to get up and risk missing ANOTHER plot twist? Absolutely not.

4.  literally mean there was a plot twist every couple of minutes.

I couldn’t have even guessed what was going to happen next. I saw this movie with my lovely mom, and I probably looked over at her 15 times, looking like the open mouth emoji. The plot twists get crazier each time.

5. Henry Golding takes up a good amount of screen time, and no one is complaining.

That man is beautiful. (Don’t tell my boyfriend, but a girl noticed.)

6. Blake Lively’s character, “Emily” is everything we want to be, while also being everything we don’t want to be.

Her character is so brutally honest. I can bet, you will say something similar to “that’s so me” to something she says.

7. We all want a (beginning of the movie) Emily and Stephanie best friendship.

They tell each other their deepest secrets after knowing each other for like 3 days. We all want to trust someone like that.

8. There are a ton, and I mean a ton of F bombs dropped in this movie.

Like I said, Blake Lively’s character, “Emily” says it as it is, and that definitely includes insane amounts of F bombs dropped. Then again, no one’s complaining. That’s part of what makes her character so great.  

9. This movie just generally shows how badass women are.

Girls can do anything. (we’re kind of awesome). Not only women, but moms in particular.

I can almost guarantee this movie will make a ton of money and I’m glad I chipped in.  

Well hello there, my name is Kaitlyn. I am a sophomore at Colorado State University, studying social work. I probably spend a good 70% of my life at Starbucks or other local coffee shops. I also probably spend way too much time posting on Instagram. If you'd like to see my work there so far, follow me @kaitlynkusmik
Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi