neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Places to Photograph in NoCo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

Northern Colorado, and Colorado in general, is known for its breathtaking beauty and vast instagram-worthy locations. Here, I have compiled a few of my favorite photo locations, perfect for a shoot of any type. I highly recommend going around dusk or dawn to get the best lighting! 

Horsetooth Reservoir 

​​

Horsetooth Reservoir is an easy drive from Fort Collins, with several different great photo opportunities around it. Different rocks alongside the cliff create dynamic backgrounds and gives a gorgeous “in touch with nature” vibe. Across the street from this specific location, you can also get a nice view of Fort Collins itself. 

Old Town

​​

Old Town’s dynamic scenery is a perfect place for any shoot and you can really get creative with the different statues, murals, plants, and street life. Old Town is a perfect for those who want a more laid back, city vibe- I highly recommend it as a starting location for senior photos or couples. To get the most out of this location, go on an early weekday morning in order to capture the best lighting and to avoid the crowds. 

Downtown Denver

Though this location has a bit farther of a drive, Downtown Denver (especially at night) is incredibly worth it. The city lights, bright flashing tones, and city culture adds an extra edge to your photos. No flash is required here, as there are plenty of locations that give off the perfect amount of light without being too harsh on your subject.

Windsor Lake

​​

Hidden behind the main part of the town, Windsor Lake provides an exceptional background, with large colorful trees (that are often hard to find in newer parts of Colorado) and a large lake. I recommend visiting this lake near sunset in order to perfectly capture the light coming through the leaves of the trees- and definitely plan on going in Spring, Summer, or Fall. 

Hello! My name is Melody and I am currently a sophomore at CSU studying marketing and merchandising. I love dogs, tacos, and photography! I am also a VS PINK Campus Rep!
Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi