10 Self Improvement Ideas for This Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CSU chapter.

1. If you’re traveling make a vlog, or keep a travel journal.

It’s easy to forget what you did each specific day so take some time to create memories. You won’t regret it. 

2. Go to a museum by yourself.

If you like art, spend some time in an art gallery alone. Sounds nerdy, but you might really enjoy it especially if you don’t have plans for Spring Break. 

3. Go on a picnic with friends.

Pack your favorite snacks, get a blanket and your friends and talk. Just talk. Try not to use your phone either. 

4. Try a new workout class.

Yes it can be scary. Walking into a class where you know no one and getting your workout in. However, it can also be refreshing to work with new muscles, and have a switch up in workout space. 

5. Take your younger siblings or cousins out for ice cream.

When you’re in college, it’s easy to forget about the little ones at home. I encourage spending time with younger relatives because chances are they probably look up to you. 

6. Watch a sunrise.

Grab some friends and go on a hike early to watch the sunrise. Pack some hot cocoa, or tea, blankets and enjoy planet earth.

7. Leave your phone at home for one day.

This is more of a challenge, and it’s for the peeps without plans for Spring Break. 

8. Go hiking with family.

I feel like family time is undervalued during Spring Break, so spend some time with your fam bam, they’ll appreciate it, and you (probably) won’t regret it. 

9. Volunteer at a local community or a pet shelter.

Anything from gardening to playing with dogs at the Dumb Friends League. Take the opportunity this Spring Break to give back to your community. 

10. Go on a road trip.

Grab your friends, pack the car, and take a good old fashioned road trip. Even if it’s just to a faraway town you’ve never been to.

Most of these ideas are for people staying home this Spring Break, like me, so I thought I’d give some tips and tricks on how to avoid boredom. As well as some self care hacks. Hopefully, it’ll cure the FOMO.

In my free time I enjoy meeting new people, hanging out with friends, and spending time outdoors. I advocate for human rights and also participate in volunteering projects. I am a journalism major, minoring in music, stage, and sports production.
Hi, my name is Karony (Care-uh-knee)! I am a second year HDFS student at Colorado State University and I love being involved on campus. You'll probably find me working VS PINK events on campus or fundraising for Camp Kesem. Check me out on Instagram: @AmatoDaVoi