Will Weinlandt ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Will Weinlandt 
Year: 2014
Major: Biological Engineering
Hometown: New York, NY
Relationship Status: Single

Between being a Biological Engineering student in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences and a successful member of the track team, this college cutie has his hands full but is always looking to have a good time. Will is an easy-going guy who values time with friends as well as time with his books. It’s safe to say that this trackie will be running circles around your heart. But he hasn’t always been a runner. Asked why he joined the track team, Will says, “I quit the debate team a week before tryouts and then decided to try track, and made the team. I haven’t looked back since.” 

Just the Facts:
Favorite class: Comparative Physiology (BIOG1440)
Favorite book: Candide by Voltaire
Favorite movie/TV show: “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” “The Office”
Favorite music: Rock, rap, reggae, pop
Favorite quote: “The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do.” — Walter Bagehot
Favorite country and food (everyone knows they’re related!): Belgium (waffles and French fries) and burritos

Aside from the above, what would you say to someone who asked you to “tell me about yourself”? It may sound cliché but I actually do love long walks on the beach. I love the ocean and that plays a big role in who I am.
How did you spend your summer? Lifeguarding
What do you look for in a girl? Funny, attractive, athletic and smart
Dealbreakers, when it comes to girls: No sense of humor, insincere, and doesn’t like the ocean
Proudest accomplishment: Running Track for Cornell!
What’s the best thing about Cornell? Other than the weather? Walking downhill to class.
What’s the worst thing about Cornell? Walking uphill to the same class.
Tell us something not a lot of people know about you. I have a fraternal twin brother.
Future/career prospects: Veterinary or medical research 

Elisabeth Rosen is a College Scholar at Cornell University with concentrations in anthropology, social psychology and creative writing. She is currently the co-editor of Her Campus Cornell. She has interned at The Weinstein Company and Small Farms Quarterly and worked as a hostess at a Japanese restaurant.