Staying Warm Never Looked This Cute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

The winter season brings us some of our favorite things. The holiday season,
Instagramable snow-covered landscapes, a good excuse to curl up with reruns of
The Hills and a steamy mug of hot chocolate… and in Ithaca, winter seems to never end! However, the forecast does not look
so great for fashion. Once the temperature begins to drop, layers become a must,
and the cute outfits we spend so much time putting together get less and less time in
the spotlight. This is where many throw in the towel and accept defeat, but not you,
collegiette! We’re taking four of the most basic winter pieces and showing you how
they will be the hottest (we’re talking Ryan Gosling hot) things in your wardrobe
this winter.

Statement Coats:

Outerwear is undoubtedly the most important part of your winter wardrobe. So, this
winter try to break away from the crowd of plain black coats and make a statement
with…drum roll please… a statement coat.

You can go with a punch of color, an interesting pattern, or a not-so-typical type of
coat. Make it showcase your style and compliment your wardrobe. And do you want
to know a little secret? Now that stores are already bringing in their spring lines you
can snag that trendy coat for a fraction of its original price. So it’s the perfect time to
experiment with your winter style and not blow your budget.

Scarves:

People often underestimate the influence these little guys can have on an outfit.
They’re versatile, inexpensive, and have the ability to instantly transform the style
of your outfit. Coming from a girl that owns more scarves than shoes, I believe in the
wonders a scarf can do for any get up. If you were hesitant in getting a coat with a
crazy pattern, get that pattern in a scarf! Scarves can make just as much of an impact
on an outfit and the best part is you can switch it up on a whim.

Headwraps:

I like to think of headwraps as the trendy cousin to the hideous pom-pom hats we
were forced to wear as kids (or was that just me?) Headwraps still keep your ears
warm and manage to look super cute while they do it. You can find them in all types
of fabric from jersey to chunky knits and they can look anywhere from bohemian
chic to classy and sweet. You can even take that sweet scarf you just bought (see
above) and turn it into a headwrap for a day!

Gloves

Gloves are the finishing touch to any winter outfit. Most people don’t think of gloves as a place where you can spice up an outfit, but as we
collegiettes know, it’s all about the details! Leather gloves are good for a classic crisp
look, and today you can find many variations for any unique taste. Again, you can go
towards inexpensive pairs to have more options or if you fall in love with a reliable
designer pair don’t hesitant to splurge on it!

And the #1 Rule for Your Winter Wardrobe: Go for comfort and warmth. Happy (and
warm) girls are the prettiest!