An Objective Ranking of Fall Foods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Fall is the perfect time to snuggle up with a good book or movie and enjoy the cozy, beautiful weather. But what would the season be without some fall foods to keep you warm? There are so many foods to enjoy that it may be hard to choose, so here’s an objective ranking of the best fall foods to help you out this fall:

1. Apple Cider Doughnuts

Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside and covered in sugar… what more could you want to warm you up on a chilly fall day?

2. Apple Cider

What would an apple cider doughnut be without some apple cider to dip it in? Hot or cold, apple cider is a deliciously autumnal drink.

3. Candy Corn

Candy corn may get some unnecessary hate, but this sometimes sickenly sweet candy is so classically fall that it’s a must to enjoy some during the season.

4. Caramel Apples

There’s no better time to eat an apple than during the fall, so why not bring it to the next level by covering it in caramel? Caramel apples are delicious and fun to eat.

5. Pumpkin Spice Latte

They may be basic, but they’re also delicious. What would this list of fall foods be without the classic PSL?

6. Apple Crisp

Apple crisp is like apple pie, but instead of crust, it’s covered in sugar. Sounds good to me!  

7. Apple Pie

Fall is the perfect time to eat pie, and apple pie is a classic. Baked apples are deliciously sweet, and covering them in a pie crust only makes them better.

8. Pecan Pie

Pecan pie is sadly forgotten in many fall food lineups, but its nutty goodness is a great addition to any fall spread.

9. Pumpkin Pie

Last but not least in the pie rankings is pumpkin pie. This is not to say it’s bad in any way, though. Pumpkin pie is still a scrumptious fall treat.  

10. Pumpkin Bread

A delicious loaf of pumpkin bread is an excellent blend of fall food and bread. And who doesn’t love bread?

Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell