Noteworthy Atheleisure Brands That Don’t Start with “Lulu”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Athleisure was huge this past summer, but that doesn’t mean the comfortable and practical trend is going away anytime soon, and it certainly doesn’t mean you have to be confined to the same outfits seen so commonly on the streets. Here are some hot up-and-coming athleisure brands that’ll keep your outfits fresh for the new season.

1. Outdoor Voices

OV’s signature kits and beautifully minimalistic athletic pieces have gained a cult following on social media and for good reason. From sports bras to their most popular full length leggings, OV’s products are functional, comfortable and extremely flattering. In addition, their use of sustainable recycled polyester and good vendor practices help the brand stay true to their vision of providing customers with long-lasting, innovative gear.

Also, Outdoor Voices offers a 30% discount on selected gear for all US college students!! Now you really don’t have an excuse not to check them out ;)

2. Girlfriend Collective

In mid-2016, the newly formed Girlfriend Collective nearly broke the internet with its promotion of black high-waisted leggings for just the price of shipping and a months-long wait. Fast forward to summer 2017 when Girlfriend Collective’s full online store was born. After wearing their promotional leggings for a few months, I’m in love with the thickness and tightness of their clothing material, which is made in a fair trade factory in Taiwan out of recycled water bottles. Furthermore, their dedication to providing quality, inclusive clothing for all body shapes and types is truly inspiring and a great model for all athletic-wear brands.

3. Varley

Varley, carried at upscale department stores such as Saks Fifth and Neiman Marcus, is the ultimate fashion girl’s go-to brand for on-trend, eye-catching workout gear. From marbled leggings to python print sports bras, Varley’s pieces can truly be worn from studio to street.

New season = new clothes. Happy shopping!

Cornell University 2021 | Psychology and Music IG: @alisonn_h Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/alisonn_h/pins/
Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell