Lazy Day Outfits for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Colder fall mornings lead to increased chances of getting out of bed way way later than planned. We’ve all had those days, crawling out of bed and scrambling to brew an emergency cup of coffee, running around the room stuffing miscellaneous bits and bobbles in our backpack. Fall mornings can be rough, but that doesn’t mean your outfits have to reflect your morning struggles. Here are five tips to keep in mind for those days when one “snooze” just isn’t enough.

1. Loose, warm sweaters are your best friend

Sweaters are super easy to toss on with jeans or leggings and elevate any outfit, even with the most oversized or slouchy styles. Not to mention, sweaters keep you warm and relaxed without any sloppiness.

2. Layered neutrals will never do you wrong

Go ahead, wear that coat over your favorite cardigan. Already got a turtleneck on? Layer a sweater on top. Layering only seems hard, but with neutral colors, it’s nearly impossible to create a clashing look. And with layering, you can always remove or add more layers according to the weather and inside room temperatures.

3. Knit accessories are a quick bonus

Whether you opt for a scarf or chunky beanie, knit accessories add extra warmth and a cozy vibe to your outfit. Think of them as the cherry on top: not quite necessary, but certainly well loved.

4. Wear sneakers and your tired feet will thank you

Save the heeled booties for another day. Let’s face it: Cornell is a very hilly school that requires lots of walking. Sneakers are no longer faux pas with fall outfits and add a perfect hint of casualness into school outfits.

5. When all else fails, go for black

Anna Wintour may be known for frowning upon all black outfits, but let’s be honest, monochromatic black outfits look classic, fierce and put together all-in-one. Black is far from dreary and in the tightest of mornings is a solid weapon in your outfit arsenal.

Fall mornings might be tough to handle, but what you wear to class should never be a major source of stress (because, prelims).

Cornell University 2021 | Psychology and Music IG: @alisonn_h Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/alisonn_h/pins/
Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell