Events to Check Out in the Next Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

1. 35th Annual Apple Harvest Festival

Ithaca’s premier fall event, Apple Harvest Festival is a three day celebration of food, rides, games, more than 100 vendors and, of course, APPLES! Over 100 vendors will be selling unique apple varieties, hot apple cider donuts, kettle corn, local farm fresh baked goods and a multitude of around the world specialties. Local farmers are on site selling everything from tasty apple beverages to pumpkins.

The 35th Annual Great Downtown Ithaca Apple Harvest Festival set to take place on Friday, Sept. 29 (12pm-6pm), Saturday, Sept. 30 (10am-6pm) and Sunday, October 1st (10am-6pm).

2. Cornell Homecoming 2017

Alumni, parents and friends gather on the Ithaca campus for fun, learning and football! Fireworks and a fan festival add excitement to this annual celebration of returning to Cornell. Events will run on October 20 and 21, and Foster the People will be hosting a concert in Barton Hall on October 21.

3. Movies on the Arts Quad

This year’s films are Moana (7:00 pm) and Beauty and the Beast (9:00 pm). Admission is free and open to the entire Cornell community! Light snacks will be provided. In case of a weather disturbance, the rain location is Klarman Hall Atrium.

4. Into the Streets 2017

Into The Streets is Cornell’s largest day of service! Last year, hundreds of Cornell students went into the surrounding community to volunteer for this event. Students can either sign up as individuals or as a team of between 4-12 people and, based on the team’s interests and availability, get assigned to a location on one of the two days. It’s a very easy and fun way to reach out and give back to the community that makes Cornell as great as it is!

This year, Into the Streets will be on Saturday, October 28th with limited participation on Friday, October 27th. Follow the instructions above to sign up!

5. Puppy Kissing Booth with Guiding Eyes for the Blind and Phi Sigma Sigma

Phi Sigma Sigma is collaborating with the trainers at Guiding Eyes for the Blind to show off the puppies who are working hard to become the next generation of guide dogs! Come for a study break and take pictures with adorable puppies. Donations are much appreciated at the event.

6. The Magical Music of Harry Potter

Calling all Harry Potter fans! Come listen to the Binghamton Philharmonic on Saturday, October 28th at 7:30pm at the State Theatre of Ithaca to listen to your musical favorites from the Harry Potter film series!

Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell