Emma Seymour ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Name: Emma Seymour

Year: 2018

Major: Fiber Science major, Gerontology minor

What are you involved in on campus?

Tour guides, FSAD research assistant, Phi Delta Epsilon, Cornell Fashion Collective designer

Best restaurant in Ithaca: Oishii Bowl!

Most embarrassing moment: My bathing suit fell off during my swim test freshman year so I had to do the backstroke with one hand and the other covering the girls.

Favorite girlband: Spice Girls 

Tell me two truths and a lie:

1) my mom is my best friend on snapchat  

2) i run 4 instagram accounts

3) I own 0 flannels

What’s the craziest thing you’ve done?

I fainted front row at a Tove Lo concert and the security guard had to carry me backstage to the medical tent but I woke up in his arms and started screaming to put me back front row. He said it was the only time anyone ever fainted but wanted to stay in the front row.

*Pre fainting

What’s your CTB order?

California sunrise on a bialy with tofu scramble instead of eggs and iced coffee

Favorite article of clothing you own: My Dr. Marten’s – my dad bought the men’s ones for me in 10th grade and I have worn them almost everyday since.

What is something most people don’t know about you?

Whenever I buy tickets to concerts, they are either canceled, there is horrific weather that shuts it down, or Kanye leaves after Kim K is robbed. It is truly a curse. Childish Gambino 2012. Lady Gaga 2013. Firefly day 2 2015. Gov Ball day 3 2016. Meadows 2016.

What is one thing you can’t live without?

Coffee. I had to stop consuming caffeine but don’t worry, I still drink decaf iced coffees everyday.

Where is the best spot on campus and why?

Day Hall basement because it has a microwave, a keurig, a toaster, and all my friends are right upstairs at work.

*Referring to question above, which one was the lie?

My mom is my best friend but not on snapchat

The best Halloween costume you’ve worn: Barnacle boy…

Favourite Cornell Dairy ice cream flavor: Freedom of Peach! Yes, I was on the team of tour guides who won the ice cream class contest so our flavor will be served at the Dairy Bar. Alternative name: ImPEACHment

The worst movie you’ve ever seen: Safe Haven. I fell asleep part way through so maybe it improved…?

Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell