EMILY DONG: Infectiously Positive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Year: 2018

Major: Biology & Society Major with minors in Feminine, Gender and Sexuality Studies and Business.

Hometown:  Acton, Massachusetts (A suburb of Boston!)

Campus Activities: Student Assembly Community Life Committee’s Environmental Sustainability Sub-Committee, Ukulele Club, and Environmental Justice Solidarity at Cornell (EJSAC).

FAVORITE

Class: Her FWS last semester called Gender and Violence. (Ecology and the Environment was a close second!

Book: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Food: Any vehicle for maple syrup!

Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Music Genre: Anything that plays in a coffeehouse!

Let’s Get Personal!

Relationship Status: Single…I’m too busy fighting the patriarchy!

Pet Peeve: Picky eaters.

Favorite Cornell Memory: One day, I walked to my 9 am class pretty early. As I was walking across the footbridge, I looked across Beebe Lake. The sun was just peeking through the trees and water shimmered. It reminded me of how lucky I am to be here.

Every girl needs this: great friendships!

Perfect date in 10 words or less: Hanging out and enjoying each other’s company.

Choice Superpower: To be able to make everybody 100% happy.

Post-Grad Plans: Ask me again next year… 

Favorite Place in the World: My Hometown.

Relationship Deal Breaker: When a person is inconsiderate or detached.

Celebrity Crush: Karlie Kloss

Most Played Song on iPod: Crush by David Archuleta

Favorite Quote: “There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.” –Edgar Allan Poe

What is something most people don’t know about you? I am an open book!

What do you look for in a significant other? Kindness

Who is someone you look up to? I look up to Emma Johnston! She’s co-chair of the Student Assembly’s Community Life Committee. I look up to Emma because she is very driven and is passionate about achieving what she wants.

What’s your favorite hangout on campus? Mann Library (Especially Manndible!)

Are you excited to be this week’s campus cutie? YES! 

Anika (Ani for short) is currently freshman at Cornell University. She is majoring in Communication with a focus in Media Studies and hopes to pursue a minor in Business. Aside from being a new Campus Snapshot contributor for Her Campus Cornell, on campus she is in Alpha Chi Omega, the MiXed club, the Tarana Co-ed Acapella group, Alternative Breaks Service Trips and is a Pre-Orientation Service Trip Leader. Anika is from the North Shore of Chicago (where Mean Girls is based off of...) and takes interest in anything social media or entertainment related. In her free time she can almost always be caught scrolling through her facebook newsfeed, trying to select the perfect filter and caption, and liking celebrity instagram posts. As a freshman it may be too early to say... But she hopes to someday pursue a career in Public Relations. 
I am a sophomore Communication major at Cornell University, with minors in Creative Writing and Law & Society. I was born and raised in California and, besides writing, I have interests in 4-H, law and film production. At Cornell, I serve on the Literature Review, am an avid member of Film Society, work as a Cornell Ambassador and participate in AWC (American Women in Communication). I am also the Campus Correspondent for Cornell's Her Campus chapter!!