The Best Clubs That Accept Everyone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Another season of club recruitment has just passed, and clubs are as competitive as ever. While you may be frustrated you didn’t get into that prestigious professional business fraternity or engineering project team, there are always other great options to become more involved on campus or even help build skills for your resume! Here are some of the best clubs at Cornell that have no cuts.

1. Alpha Phi Omega (APO)

Cornell’s Gamma chapter of Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed service fraternity, is one of the largest chapters in the nation. If you’re a service minded individual looking to expand your network of people, APO would be a great fit for you. There are over 300 active brothers and they volunteer at almost every event around campus as well as in the local Ithaca community.

2. Cornell Minds Matter

Cornell Minds Matter is another very impactful club. With events such as yoga, spa night, Dining with Diverse Minds, and meditation, this club strives to take care of students’ mental health and provide places and activities for them to de-stress. They also have targeted discussions such as leave of absence groups. Joining Cornell Minds Matter would be a great way to influence the Cornell community.

3. Cru Cornell

If you’re Christian or looking to explore faith and religion, Cru Cornell is a great way to meet a group of diverse people. Cru meets weekly to for worship, prayer, bible study, and fellowship.

4. Slope Media Group

Slope Media Group is Cornell’s multimedia group with departments including their magazine, photography, and television. It creates an outlet for student perspectives on events happening across campus and partners with other clubs on campus for outreach and marketing.

5. Society of Women in Business (SWIB)

If you’re a business-related major or potentially interested in a career in business, SWIB is a great club to help your professional development. With opportunities such as company networking events and an Emerging Leaders Program to enhance your presentation skills, SWIB could be very beneficial in building that resume for future internships.

6. Her Campus Cornell

Last but not least, our very own, Her Campus Cornell! We’re always looking for awesome people to join our team whether in writing, social media, marketing or events! And the best part is you can join anytime, just email cornell@hercampus.com

Happy club hunting!

Molly Zhang is a sophomore at Cornell University studying Applied Economics and Management. 
Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell