6 Places To Go Thrifting in Ithaca

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Thrifting is a great way to find amazing things while on a college student’s small budget. Here are some of my favorite places to shop in Ithaca.

1. Salvation Army

Ithaca’s Salvation Army is huge, with a wide variety of clothing, accessories and many other quirky items. The Salvation Army prices most of their items individually, but you can usually find pretty good deals if you do some digging.

2. Thrifty Shopper

Thrift Shopper is definitely the place to go if you’re looking for clothing; most of the store has racks of clothing meticulously organized by type and size. Like the Salvation Army, their clothes are individually priced, but don’t be surprised if you find a brand new item for under $5. Be sure to go on Thursdays, as this is when a 25% off student discount is offered, and check what color tags are 30% and 50% off each week.

3. Triphammer ReUse

Triphammer ReUse is a bit of a hidden gem, located inside Triphammer Marketplace. This store offers so many different goodies, you’ll want to come back time and time again to see what new things they’ve gotten in. Just last week, they were offering buy one, get two free on all clothing and accessories! They offer some amazing deals if you keep your eyes peeled.

4. Petrune

If you’re looking for something a little higher-end, Petrune has a highly curated selection of clothing. They offer authentic vintage clothes along with some items from their own brand of vintage style clothing. Prices are higher at Petrune than the other stores on this list to accommodate their more tailored selection.

5. Ithaca ReUse

Ithaca ReUse is the sister store of Triphammer ReUse, but it offers different kinds of items. Their electronics and building materials/tools sections are impressive, and they have everything from kitchenware to furniture to pianos! The two Finger Lakes ReUse stores have a great mission and help the community in a variety of ways. Check out their website for more information.

6. Trader K’s

Trader K’s has men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, along with accessories. They often offer great sales, and have just about anything you could be looking for clothing-wise. Conveniently located in The Commons, stop in on your next trip downtown!

Who knows what cool things you’ll find in Ithaca’s many thrift shops? Good luck treasure hunting!

Asian Studies major who enjoys horseback riding, crochet, singing, and musical theater. Passionate about public service and addressing economic inequality and women's, LGBTQ+ and minority rights.
Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell