5 Things To Do at Cornell in the Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

With the beginning of warm weather, it’s so much easier to explore everything Cornell has to offer. If you don’t know what to do when the heat hits, here are some activities to add to your bucket list!

1. Hike to Ezra’s Tunnel

The trail to Ezra’s tunnel is well-suited for amateur hikers as the path is well paved, and it’s not too challenging overall. Ezra’s Tunnel is home to the iconic “Ithaca is GORGES” rock mural. Be sure to bring your bathing suits if you feel like going for a dip! Warning: the swimming area can get a bit slippery, so wear proper footwear, and be careful.

2. Watch the Sunset on Libe Slope

Head to the top of Libe after dinner to catch a glimpse of the sun setting over West Campus – there’s no view more spectacular.

3. Climb the Clock Tower

The top of Cornell’s iconic McGraw Tower provides a panoramic view of Cornell’s campus and the entirety of Ithaca. Check online for hours, and be warned that hearing the chimes from such a close proximity may hurt your ears.

4. Have a Picnic on the Arts Quad

Grab a blanket, snacks and friends, and take some time to bask in the sun (with sunscreen of course). If you’re sporty, grab a frisbee and play some ultimate with a group of friends!

5. Slope Day

After the last official day after classes, it’s time to let loose. Make sure to go out on May 11th to enjoy the entire day of festivities to mark the end of school!

Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell