5 Podcasts for Your Morning Walk to Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cornell chapter.

Whether you’re walking up the slope, over the footbridge or up Ho Plaza, you likely have a long walk to class through Cornell’s campus. Even if you’re still half asleep, one great way to wake up is to pop in your headphones and listen to a podcast. Podcasts can keep you entertained through your hectic day. Here are five podcasts to try on your morning walk to class:

1. Gals on the Go

Fans of YouTube vloggers may be familiar with University of Georgia students Brooke Miccio and Danielle Carolan. In their podcast, Brooke and Danielle chat about their lives, answer listener questions and give advice on all types of topics. This relaxed and often funny podcast is perfect for busy girls who need something that does not require focused attention but is still entertaining.

2. Up First

Sometimes it can be hard to stay up to date on world events while living in a college bubble. The solution? NPR’s Up First podcast. Every weekday morning, NPR releases a short podcast updating listeners on the biggest news stories of the day. For anyone wishing they had more time to stay up to date on the news, you’ve found your fix.

3. My Favorite Murder

Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark discuss the juicy details of murder stories from across the country. If you love crime stories or just want to get sucked into a narrative, this podcast is perfect for you. Although the episodes are long, they will keep you in the perfect balance between squirming and laughing as the comedians recount and then discuss the gory stories.

4. TED Radio Hour

Fans of TED talks will enjoy TED radio hour. This podcast is a behind the scenes look into popular TED talks through clips from speeches and interviews with the speakers. If you are looking to be intellectually stimulated, this podcast offers interesting topics without requiring background knowledge of the information.

5. Armchair Expert

In Dax Shepard’s podcast, the actor interviews other comedians and actors. The episodes are very long, but can be easily paused and picked up again later. This humor will keep you going through your busy day and may even introduce you to TV shows you might not have heard of (but will want to binge).

Elizabeth Li

Cornell '19

Junior at Cornell University and President/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Cornell