This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Our Her Campus members are back from Spring Break and ready to end the semester on a high note! While we sink back into our rigorous schedules, we’re taking the time to reflect on the well-deserved couple of weeks off. Here’s what we did over break:

I was actually at Conn over Spring Break training for the rowing season! It was definitely very dead here, but it was fun to spend so much time with the rowing team and have the campus to ourselves. I did get sick over break, which wasn’t fun at all, but it definitely made me grateful for the times I’m not!

• Caroline Snyder, 2026

Over spring break, I visited California with two of my friends from Conn. It was my first time visiting there and actually my first time on a plane! I also spent lots of time with my family and my dog, and had a much needed relaxing break. Unfortunately, none of my hometown friends had the same break as me, so to occupy my time, I repainted my bathroom. 

• Katie Madow ‘25 

In total, the Conn Women’s Water Polo team took six flights and four van rides over Spring Break for all of our travel tournaments and games! I got to spend a lot of time with my teammates on and off campus as we traveled to sunny Southern California where we played three games and went to Six Flags, then headed over to snowy Erie, Pennsylvania for a four-game league tournament before returning to campus for more practice. 

It was definitely exhausting, but rewarding, to play so many games and bond. Despite long travel days, hours of practice, and catching up on work, my source of relaxation was binging some great television and enjoying the 2023 spring line-up of shows: Daisy Jones and the Six, Ted Lasso, Abbott Elementary, and Succession!

• Maria Sell ‘23 
Katie Madow

Conn Coll '25

Hi! I’m Katie Madow and I am a sophomore at Conn. I'm a psych major!
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!