We Love Them, We Love Them Not

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

It’s easy to say we assume our own parents are the weirdest or most annoying of them all. But in the end, all of our rents are the same. Whether they embarrass you in public or call you thirteen times a day just to double check you have clean laundry, we have all been there. 

And in this day and age our parents know the only way to reach us if they want an answer pronto is by text. Be it about how your day is going or to make sure you have enough food during Juno 2015, our parents are never much further than a text away. But sometimes a text from Mom or Dad just leaves you to shake your head, screenshot the message, and send it to your BFF for a good laugh. 

So here are some examples of how our parents, the loving, caring, generous, and inspirational people that raised, us are just top notch. 

(All text messages are original… for some of these we wish we were kidding). 

For starters…We’ve got the typical nag of the day right on schedule. All we can say Mom and Dad is simmer down, simmer down. 

But as the day goes on and 10PM comes around, things can get a little interesting for the rents. We hope this mind boggling question didn’t keep Dad up all night. 

Then there are questions that we actually can answer for our parents. And this is a definite no, Aunt Nancy should not be on Tinder. Oh Jesus is right, Mom. 

Sometimes social media can be a bit confusing to parents, but hey at least when this Dad didn’t answer the phone he tried to make a good excuse as to why. 

Still Dads are also pretty up to date and know a summer-y dress from a not so summer-y dress. Nicely spotted Dad. 

Our parents sometimes know us better than we know ourselves… Especially this Dad. 

Though we thoroughly enjoyed our Juno snow days, this Salve Regina Dad did not seem to agree. 

This DAD’s generosity is everything. Except apparently the stripper was never sent, bummer…

And always remember ladies, listen to your mothers… they know best.

Julie is a junior at Connecticut College from Montclair, New Jersey studying dance and psychology. She loves to share her passion for food with friends and family and has been on a life long quest to find the world's best slice of pizza. In her free time, Julie enjoys yoga and hopes to one day become a certified yoga instructor. 
Her Campus Conn Coll