This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

When we think “UGG boots,” we think of the potato looking soft suede shoes that were a big hit in 2007 (but let’s face it, we still love and wear them today).  However, the UGG Company has been making great strides in expanding beyond the classic UGG boot that we have known and worn for so long.  Recently, UGG has launched a slimmer version of the UGG classic, named the “UGG Classic Luxe.”  Here are some upgrades this new UGG Classic Luxe has to offer from the original UGG classic.

Slimmer, Streamlined Shaft

The UGG company describes these new boots as having a “tailored take on the classic original,” which means that the boots are much slimmer (not as chunky and clunky) than the original. 

Waterproof

Unlike the classic UGG boot, your toes will no longer get wet when wearing these warm UGG boots in the rain or snow.  According to the company, the sheepskin and suede is pretreated with Scotchgard™ Protector, which repels both water and stains. 

Sophisticated Styling

The new UGG has a little bit of an elevated platform, and there are numerous ways to style these boots.  The slimmer look of these boots in addition to the added heal makes them look very classic and chic.   

Arch Support

The new version of UGG also provides more support for your feet with added arch support.  Reviewers of these boot owners claim that they are very comfortable!

We love that our favorite classic has gotten a makeover into a slimmer and waterproof boot that still feels like a slipper when worn.  It will be interesting to see if this new version of the UGG classic takes over and becomes a major trend.   

Emily Morgan is a junior at Connecticut College.  She is studying international relations and loves to write for HerCampus.  She can be found either playing viola in the orchestra or dancing in the dance studio.  
Her Campus Conn Coll