The Thirteenth Astrological Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

When it comes to astrological signs you either love them or dismiss them. For avid horoscope readers the fact that we could have been reading the wrong horoscope this whole time was quite shocking. Though in reality, this thirteenth sign, Ophiuchus has existed the whole time. Our knowledge of the two types of astrology might have been lacking.

Sideral and Tropical astrology are the two main types of astrology that differ in the way they look at horoscopes. Why tropical astrology skips the Ophiuchus sign all together because they focus on the suns position in relation to the earth, why sidereal astrologers focus on the stars and constellation.

The thirteenth sign if taken into consideration would fall in-between Scorpio and Sagittarius switching things up for the signs around them. Some positive personality traits of an Ophiuchus seekers of knowledge, rebellious, secretive, against blind authority, wise and empathetic.  Some negative traits are that they can tend to be, hyper-critical, jealous, and extremely self-critical.

So have our horoscopes been lies this whole time? Essentially no. Keep reading the horoscope you have identified with because what this thirteenth sign acknowledges is that there are two way to see everything, even signs, and that the way what we consider to be the “western” world adapts things is different than its original form. So actually it is a little surprising that it took us this long to hear about the thirteenth sign. To help us redeem our faith in our sign here is the link for Elle magazines version of this weeks horoscopes.

Sophie Furman is a current senior at Conn Coll majoring in Sociology and interested in the fashion industry. 
Her Campus Conn Coll