This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

The rumors seem to be true: Gilmore Girls will be coming back to Netflix! It will not be coming back in its usual hour-long time block episodes, but rather, it will consist of four 90-minute “episodes.” No one is quite sure what these episodes will revolve around, but for now we know that at least Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel will be returning to their roles as Lorelai and Rory.

Traveling back eight or so years to the series finale of the show, we are left with the last image of Lorelai and Rory sitting together in Luke’s Diner for one final cup of coffee before Rory leaves for her job to work for Barack Obama. In the finale, Rory graduates from Yale and breaks up with Logan (which for some people was utterly heartbreaking), the entire Stars Hollow community comes together to wish Rory a happy trip, and it seems that at the end of the episode Luke and Lorelai are back together, which is something every fan has been waiting for since the beginning of the very first episode.

This finale left every fan with so many questions about the whereabouts of their favorite Stars Hollow inhabitants. Are Luke and Lorelai still together? Did they have any kids? How is Emily dealing with Richard’s inevitable death? (Edward Herrmann, the actor who played Richard Gilmore, passed away in 2014.) Where is Rory? Did she finally become the new Christiane Amanpour? What about Dean, Jesse, and Logan? Sadly, we will just have to be patient and wait to see what Netflix has in store for us!

Francesca is a senior at Connecticut College double majoring in Biology and Italian. She is from Bethany, CT and is a huge Friends and Greys Anatomy enthusiast!
Her Campus Conn Coll