Pickn’Tell at Connecticut College

Pickn’Tell is a fashion start up company that has developed a mobile app for iPhones and Androids that makes shopping a fun, interactive experience. Pickn’Tell offers users a variety of features to enhance their shopping experience from start to finish.

Pickn’Tell is organized into three stages of shopping: Get Ready, Go Shopping, and Unpack. In Get Ready, users can look for coupons and sales, invite friends shopping, browse recently popular items, and browse catalogs for stores and brands. During Go Shopping, users are able to scan barcodes of items, save items to gallery, and ask for feedback from friends and stylists on the Pickn’Tell forum. In Unpack, users organize their new purchases and wish list. In addition, Pickn’Tell has created an in-store mirror and self-picture options. Because Pickn’Tell is a new app, there are only a few stores that have installed the in-store mirror feature, but there will be more in the future. The in-store mirror feature enables users to enter a code for the store in their phone and the mirror will pick up on the code and take a photo or video of the user’s outfit, avoiding the whole awkward selfie scenario, so that users can then share the look instantly for feedback.

As Connecticut College’s Campus Ambassador, I have set up a Facebook page where I will be posting exciting news from the company, fashion trends, and fashion inspiration around campus (so if I really love your outfit, I’ll ask to post your photo on the Facebook page!). I am super excited to be a part of this innovative company and I cannot wait to share more about Pickn’Tell! You can download the app at www.pickntell.com and be sure to like the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/PNTConnColl

Rachel is a senior, economics major at Connecticut College and the Campus Correspondent for Conn's Her Campus Chapter! She started writing for Her Campus during her junior year and fell in love with the website and the amazing group of girls. In addition to Her Campus, Rachel is on the Executive Board of the Student Activities Council as the Director of Public Relations, so she stays very busy at Conn! Rachel is originally from Washington, DC, but plans on moving to New York after graduation, where she has lived the past few summers due to her internships with Versace and Burson-Marsteller. Besides keeping busy with school and activities, Rachel enjoys watching Scandal, eating sushi, reading anything by Malcolm Gladwell, listening to Songza, and having the best senior year with her friends!