This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Season 3 of Sex Education is here, and, of course, we have many opinions. Here’s what we think about the new collection of episodes:

Sex Education continues to exemplify why authentic representation is important. In its third season, the show adamantly explores the complexity of each of its characters, their stories, and their relationships. We see issues of homophobia, transphobia, gender, mental health, sexual violence, and race discussed and confronted. I love that this show doesn’t write characters just for the sake of representation or to check a box. They have valued roles in the story that goes beyond just their social identity, but also recognize that as a vital part of their experience. This season introduced the show’s first Non-Binary character, Cal, played by Dua Saleh. Having a Non-Binary person portray a Non-Binary character doesn’t seem like it should be so celebrated, but unfortunately, queer and trans characters are often played by cis, straight actors. To see Dua portray this character was refreshingly honest. It made it feel like the show really cared about these identities.

-Hannah Grinnell, ‘24

I have only just started watching the new season of Sex Education, but I can already tell that it is going to be as amazing as the previous seasons. Sex Education continues to bring up important topics in a fresh, funny and insightful manner. The show has an amazing, diverse cast full of lovable characters, and I can’t wait to see how relationships develop in the new episodes.  The character development of each character is so well done and I am excited to continue to see their development and growth. So far, my only negative thought towards the new season is Otis’ mustache (who thought giving Otis a mustache was a good idea?). That being said, this new season is definitely going to be responsible for a lot of my upcoming procrastination!

-Sarah Hennig ‘24

Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.
Hannah Grinnell

Conn Coll '24

Hi! My name is Hannah and I am currently a Sophomore at Connecticut College. I am planning on majoring in Environmental Studies.