jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Our Favorite Ways to Procrastinate During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Finals are upon us! And for some reason during the time we are supposed to be most focused, we tend to procrastinate the most. Here at HC we wanted to share our favorite ways to procrastinate during finals. :)

Mary

Luckily, I only have one exam to take this semester but that means that I have several major papers to write. My favorite way to procrastinate is to watch Hulu! Anything from true crime to drama to old sitcoms like Friends, I will always avoid homework with a good tv show. Other great ways to procrastinate are going to the gym, that way I’m at least being productive somehow, as well as going on a quick trip to Target! (Which is never quick)

Elizabeth

I tend to categorize procrastination into two categories: healthy and unhealthy. Healthy procrastination would be going to the gym for an hour in the morning before I start my homework. During finals, when my eyes begin to glaze over from staring at my laptop or textbook for too long, I will force myself to get out of my chair and head over to the Athletic Center for a good workout. On the other hand, unhealthy procrastination would be staying up till midnight watching The Office on Netflix. I try to exemplify the former, but sometimes the stress of finals can only be soothed by a (let’s be real, multiple) episode(s) of The Office as I munch on chocolate covered almonds (my favorite healthy/unhealthy nighttime snack).

Samantha

Finals generally fall during Chanukah, so I like to light candles with Hillel (does it count as procrastinating if it’s religious?) There’s also usually fried food (as per Jewish tradition), so it’s an opportunity for me to connect with my community while stress eating — win win! Like most other students, though, my primary way of procrastinating is by watching TV. There’s something comforting about sitting back and watching a sitcom. My current binge-watch is The Good Place; you can find Season 1 and 2 on Netflix.

Her Campus Conn Coll