This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

It’s almost Halloween! On campus, this means that everyone is gearing up for three nights of costumes to, correctly, celebrate the famed Halloweekend. We are super interested to see which costumes will be popular this year. Here are some of our predictions:

I definitely base a lot of my Halloween costume predictions on the most popular movie and TV show character looks that have taken over the internet in the past year. Due to all the crazy discourse about Europhia on social media and about Syndey Sweeny’s character, I think Cassie’s “Oklahoma” country dress look will show up this year. 

And even though the movie Barbie hasn’t even come out yet, pictures of Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling in their bright neon outfits have already been spread all over the internet, and I would love to see some people get creative with those fun Barbie and Ken outfits! 

Finally, after all the hype of Don’t Worry Darling and its exciting release, I’m hoping to see Florence Pugh’s character, Alice, represented during Halloween. I think Alice’s white dress with her stomach and hands covered in blood would be very cool, and extra points if you get a partner to be Harry Styles’ Jack covered in blood. 

• Maria S ‘23 

I am anticipating a lot of Top Gun costumes this year because Top Gun: Maverick was such a big hit when it came out in May. The costume is also fairly easy. You really only need a pair of aviator sunglasses, which most people already have, and then either a green jumpsuit or just an all green outfit. Another costume I am anticipating seeing a lot this Halloween is Love Island inspired costumes. Love Island was super popular this past summer, and I am expecting to see a lot of people this Halloween wearing swimsuits and beach cover ups with a fake microphone pack to look like one of the contestants.

• Sarah Hennig ‘24

Last year, there was a bit of Halloween drama when it came to costumes: many people wanted to be a fairy, but, due to pandemic-related shipping delays, no one received their wings on time. I, personally, think that all of those people who received random purple, pink, green wings in December will want to bust them out this year. You know, to get their money’s worth. 

• Lara Beckius ‘24
Sarah Hennig

Conn Coll '24

Sarah Hennig is a junior at Conn who loves to read and write. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her friends.
Lara is a senior at Connecticut College, where she is pursuing a double major in environmental studies and economics with a minor in dance. Her interests include choreography, sustainability, the performing arts, and conservation.
Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!