Life > Experiences

My favorite drinks to order at a cafe from someone who doesn’t drink coffee!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Coffee shops are a lovely place to study or hang out with friends. However, I have never been much of a coffee drinker, so here are some of my favorite drinks to order when spending time in a cafe:

Chai Tea Latte – Chai lattes are my absolute favorite and go-to drink at any cafe. This sweet and spicy tea is perfect for any season, hot or iced!

London Fog – London fog lattes are steeped Earl Grey tea and steamed milk. Lavender or vanilla syrup is a delicious addition, enhancing the sweetness and comfort of this delightful tea.

Hot Chocolate – Hot chocolates are a classic drink perfect for winter, especially when ordered with peppermint syrup. Hot chocolates remind me of the holidays and feel like home!

Vanilla Steamer – Vanilla steamers are a smooth and frothy drink that is sweetened with vanilla syrup. This drink is perfect for an evening when you don’t want to drink caffeine. 

Cafes always have a lovely environment, and these drinks make winter days so much more cozy!

Eva Rausch

Conn Coll '27

My name is Eva (she/her) and I am a freshman at Connecticut College! I am interested in majoring in gender, sexuality, and intersectionality studies, classics, anthropology, or english. I am also curious about pursuing the Museum Studies Certificate Program at Conn. I am an avid reader and baker. I also love to crochet and sew!