Maria’s Senior Year Bucket List Update!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

In March, I wrote a Senior Year Bucket List of things I want to accomplish in the last semester of college. As the year wraps up, it’s time to check in and see what items I was able to check off. 

Win a Trivia Night 

Unfortunately, I haven’t attended any campus trivia nights since I wrote this article, but I did win my sociology class’ “The Price is Right” game, so I’m saying that counts. 

Paint a Small Masterpiece on my Living Room Walls

I’ve added a few small doodles on Earth House’s walls, and my teammates did the same, so I’m glad we’ve left our mark, but I predict my housemates and I might spend our free time during Senior Week painting more. 

Have an Amazing Water Polo Season

We won more games than last year so that’s something! 

Survive Floralia

Physically, my legs are tired from a very long day, but I was probably as responsible as you can be at Flo and drank lots of water, so I woke up feeling pretty normal this morning! Despite the weather last year compared to this year, I honestly had more fun last year, but I really enjoyed seeing B.o.B perform and singing along to his hits with the whole campus. To be very honest, it was hard to survive Flo and the dance floor because of the complete lack of concert etiquette in the crowd, and I thought the experience of being in the packed area was worse than at any other Conn dance or concert I’ve been to.   

See a Major Institutional Change

I predicted that I would not be getting a diploma from the same person that welcomed us at first-year convocation, and that seems to be the case. The campus saw a major shift in administration due to student action and protest, and I know the school will continue to make historical changes next year. I will look back on this spring as proof that our campus comes together and fights for what’s important when it truly matters and I’m very proud to have been a part of it.  

Title

After this spring, I’m excited to spend more time with my classmates during Senior Week and continue celebrating our accomplishments together while making memories! And, I will say that I have been very lucky to write with Conn’s Her Campus chapter the last two years and will miss being a part of it. 

Maria Sell

Conn Coll '23

Maria (she/her/hers) is a senior at Connecticut College studying American Studies and Sociology and is from the San Francisco Bay Area. She loves getting to play on the Women's Water Polo Team with her teammates here and enjoys reading, baking, and coaching water polo outside of school!